mackenzie hall aka j2 solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all new on here so i try my beat

6 years ago i moved house and to a different town i got married i left a debt which was from my form partner who was an abusive and violent bully

my lanlord must have giving my new house to the loan company my new adress as we had recived a few letters asking if about the money

i have never responded to these sending letters back with person un kkown and also if they rang up

i have not heard anything for about 2 years untill yesterday wen we arrived home to find my eldely neighbour waiting for us he explained that he recived a phone asking about myself and my husband and our names my neighbour told the person on the phone our surname but was a little confused why they were ring ing he is a little unstable and can get confused

my hubby was furious that this company had involved him whilst in the house we recived a phone call from a rather rude lady wanting my name and dob i refused and she start say she new who we were and that she would be phoning my relatives and neigbours my husband then took the phone and told here where to go we have barred the number but i still feel a little worried what shall i do with regards to letter they may send

please help thankk

Send them this and demand a copy of their complaints procedure.

Report them to East Ayshire TS as well as the OFT and your MP

Dear Cretins

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I M Wise To-You

I would leave out the 'Dear Cretins' bit ;)

Nice one ODC :D

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

ok i havent recived any mail yet just a phone call yesterday morning i know i havent paid any thing of this loan for over 6 years and a couple of months

do these people turn up at your house of even my neighbours poor thing he caught up in all of this

shall i wait for a letter stating what they want also can they use my married name the debt was in my oldname

thanks for your replys feel a little bit better

Hi, Bingos.

If the debt is Statute Barred, there is nothing they can do.

Send ODC's letter and wait for a reply.

And remember, never speak to these people on the phone.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Any letter or communication with the local Trading Standards or MP etc should of course mention rather loudly, that they are phoning up people who have nothing to do with you at all (ie. your elderly neighbour). I'm not at all surprised your husband was furious. These people really NEED to be forced to toe the line at least just a little bit. Calling an old man is the lowest of the low!!!

Don't be afraid to mention the DCA who did this on this thread. The more people who know about it the better.

(NEVER speak to them on the phone. NEVER sign anything... just print a name, if indeed you even weant to use a name at the end of any letter. Any communication should be by recorded delivery, keeping the receipt. This is to the DCA of course).

ocd

shall i wait to see if they send me a letter all i had so far was the conversation with that lady yesterday and she was just fishing to see if she could catch me una wears

my huby told her to bog off and she said she would be refering me to her client

what shall i do

J2 Solutions have had dealings with their Gary Jones MD they claim to be the best in the business at tracing people Yeah Rite they write to everyone in the area with the same sounding surname in the hope it is a relative of yours. They also use tracesmart for the address or your neighbours to find out as phone number for them. They are a part of Mac Hall as in Gary Jones runs J2 and Paul Mackenzie runs Mac Hall.

Mr Jones informed me he prided him self in the service they provided and had the cheek to say Mac Hall was a dynamic DCA. Not when you see my thread on the complaints received to East Ayshire TS

Hope this helps

Im learning more every day :)

I had some idiot calling like that. I called my local police who after explaining, gave me a crime reference number, and then called the phone company. They proceeded to put an unknown caller block on the line, and it's been very quiet since. I also made a verbal (phone) complaint to OFCOM, as they were using automated calling software which held the line open, even after I hung up (it immediately rings back). This is a definite no-no as it was interfering with a communications line basically.

I would try for the crime ref number from the police and then call the phone company (make a note of ALL calls, answered or not... times, dates etc).

havent heard anything this evening so far how do i get comfirmation that this debt i stature bared so if they do write to me then i can be prepared

i havent paid any thing of this for over six years

• 2 months later...

hi all had a letter today from a debt collection agency working on behalf of mackenzie hall and said that they are going to come to my house to collect the dept i have never ammitted the dept and sent all letters back what should i do now do they really come oris it a scare tactic please help dont like the thought of people coming to the house thanks