Bailiff visit for Congestion Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First post and complete novice here!

I got a call from my ex fiance who had a letter posted through his door addressed to me from a bailiff who had come to take items in respect of a Congestion Charge PCN.

Now, I know absolutely nothing about this. My ex is very good at forwarding my mail, we're still very much on speaking terms and he and I have never ever had any previous correspondence about this.

Apparently it happened back in November and I have since got on to TfL to ask them for photographic evidence. I have also told the Bailiff company that I'll be submitting an Out of Time and Statutory Declaration, but the bailiff is still saying he'll keep on pursuing this and could clamp my car. He has also said it's been to court - again, news to me.

What the hell do I do?

Hi Empress and welcome to cag

I have asked for your thread to bi moved to the parking and congestion forum

where you will get all the help and advise you need. Good luck

Tilly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

You need to complete an Out of Time declaration ASAP. Under the Civil Procedure Rules all enforcment action must cease until such time as the application has been "determinded" by the court. From all cases that we deal with like this the action ceases from the moments that your application has been received at TEC. This is normally around 2 hours after FAXING to them your witnessed declaration.

All bailiffs that we have dealings with will put the case on hold until the matter has been determinded ( TfL have 19 working days to respond).

If you have a query about any fees charged, you should use this time period while the case is on hold to ask for a subject access request (SAR)