Mortgage arrears charges

buzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The story is probably the same as bank penalty charges but you will have to do the reading and decide based on what you learn.

Read your contract. Ask them what the charges were for. Read through the posts on this forumand then decide what you want to do.

If they are excessive penalty charges, at least you are in a slightly better position than bank customers in that they can't close your account.

• 4 months later...

well good luck with your claim matey, I am going to claim my money back from the Bradford and Bingley. These institutions are so cruel, they make the situation of people who have problems much worse. The "smuggies" out there who have no money worries want to watch out, no-one knows what is around the corner. I am telling everyone I know about this site. The amount of people who look astounded ans say they have never had to pay bank charges....yer right, I know for a fact at least one was lying.

United we stand divided we fall

• 6 months later...

We are also claiming arrears charges and collection charges totalling over £3,500.

In the contract that we signed term m, you must pay the following (1) all reasonable costs and expenses relating to this agreement and any legal charge securing it as a result of any term of this agreement being broken or our expecting it to be broken.

In my opinion these charges have been added clearly for breach of contract.

I hope this is helpfull.

Niggles,

They are definately penalty charges so claim them back. How many years? If you have records of how much with dates etc then send the prelim (sticky at the top of this forum). This is much safer ground than ERCs. All the best,

Paul

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks