I Need Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

I have never been on this site before so please be patient:)

Basically I have a problem, 18 months ago I bought some goods from Studio which came to £180.00....Now over that time I have been paying them and sometimes I have found it hard to pay or basically forgotten or made a late payment....To date I have paid back £245.00 which is £65.00 over what the original bill is and because of late payments etc my account still says I owe them £155.00 which is their charges which is just £25.00 of the original bill even though I have paid £245.00....

I sent them a letter by recorded delivery yesterday to say that I am intending to go into bankruptcy as my business has collapsed, I asked them that if they can accept £65.00 payment to clear this account, as it just consists of their charges, out of good gesture which is all I can afford then the account wouldn't have to go to bankrutptcy, do you think i have done the right thing? I am in such a state over this

Many thanks for reading this, greatly appreciated,

Kindest regards

Husylady

I've had dealings with these people - it doesn't matter what you offer, what you say to them - they're like a dog with a bone. However, they sit up and take notice if Citizens Advice Bureau or any of the local advice centre debt counsellors (mostly one or two in each city - check on internet) sends them a letter on your behalf. They are then very compliant. It's a bit of a hassle getting to see one of these 'advisors' but the end result - peace of mind - is surely worth the effort?

One thing's for sure, I don't think you need to entertain the thought of bankcruptcy over this and don't lose any sleep over it either!

Good luck!

I take it this is a catalouge company??

I would send them a S.A.R letter to see everything they have on you. I very much doubt that they'll have a copy of your Credit agreement, they should send this under your S.A.R request.

Then I would add all the charges together and start to reclaim them, it seems you have been more than fair and it's your turn to put the tighteners onto them.

Jogs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html