New Claim (joint one)

Carl Stevens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi phoned barclays customer services and asked for previous statements going back 6 years on 7/3/06 sent 10/3/06 quiete fast. They charged £5 for the lot not bad really compared to their normal charges.

Sending my letter tomorrow 13/3/06 to the freepost address found in the library section along with a letter modified to be from both my wife and myself because its a joint account hope this wont matter. Will let you know how it goes fingers crossed now :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sent letter requesting repayment of unfair charges for 2000 they replied and said they would get back to me. 2 weeks later 31/3/05 a reply came saying they are acting in accordance with their t&c the charges were known about when opening the account and therefore acceptable. They then go on to say that they will make a goodwill gesture payment of 850 strange if they think they are in the right. How do they manage to pay themselves the costs at the same time they return a payment one rule for one and one rule for another. I shall send a letter before action as found in the library section. Am I being greedy. Has anyone had this amount paid back.

People have received that sort of money. Just keep focused and stick to your timetable.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Just keep the pressure up and submit a claim if they dont give you a full refund

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

Just received letter back from customer relations manager in only 2 days turnaround now withdrawing the offer of a goowill gesture payment and saying thats all they can do. Should I give them a courtesy call to give them a chance to pay up or just proceed with the claim. Have I blown it now or do you think by claiming we have a good case.

Its will probably be a complete waste of time. I phoned them and they said they would pass on the comments to their legal department. I then immediately submitted my claim.

Going to fill out the court forms to try and get our charges back the banks offer has been withdrawn now. Could you advise if it is just made out against Barclays bank plc and address where to get the court proceedings papers sent. aswell as this do we have to sue jointly because it is a joint account or can a single person sue on a joint account. dont want to mess up the form and lose case by default

Received reply from Barclays from their legal bod saying that they intend to defend the claim do they have to let me know now what their defence will be before the 28 days expires, and if they dont send anything do I file for judgement. Am a little confused how the thing goes from here

You will get a copy of their defence , don't be suprised if you get an offer soon after .

Can you let us know what their defence says please.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Do I need a copy of manual interventions to use if the case goes to court or is it an extra weapon in the armoury against the bank. I have not asked for these because mine have all been for returned direct debits, paid referalls, and going over the overdraft limit. I notice that the bank manages to pay itself despite the account being over the limit but cant pay other people surely that cant be right either

You need to PM the details to dave or bankfoder, they can add the claim. Good luck! I'm just starting one with Barclays, finishing one with Abbey and starting one with Barclaycard.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

At present Barclays have acknowledged and stated their intention to defend the case on 12th April is it 14 days from then that I can file for judgement if i dont hear anything or is it 28 days from acknowledgement, Im not to sure about this. Goodluck to all who are ahead of in in the chain of claiming.

Its 28 days from the date of which you issued your claim. Abbey waited right up until the last day. When they went to enter defence, thats when they sent me a letter offering me 50%. Am sure Barclays will do the same.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

There a few of us about who have just received Defences from Barclays, and yes they left it to the very last day to do so!!

• 2 weeks later...

No you can file for Judgement straight away but Barclays have the habit of filing on the very last day, just to keep you waiting!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks