i have a problem with 1st credit debt company

dmd14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi could anyone please help me ,i have recieved a letter from 1st credit(finance ltd) for some money owed back in 2004 ,,i have not recieved any letters previously to this i have had the first one today ,i am not one for owing money ,i phoned them up to deal with it offered them a monthly payment as i am unemployed and the want accept offer of payment they want it in full ,i told them i could not afford it in full ,they basically told me to get a loan to pay it,bieng unemployed its hard to get a loan ,so they wouldnt listen can anyone help me on this please

Hi DMD

Firstly never speak these creatures secondly if you do not know about this alledged debt send them this, amended to suit

Dear Morons

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

thirdly if they told you to get a loan they are commiting a breach of guidlines and you should report their sorry asses to Trading Standards.

Yep CCA them, they do threaten everything but if you are on the ball you can deal with them. I CCAd them knowing full well that this doesn't exisit (I have this in writing) and they sent a letter from their solicitors saying they would start legal proceedings in 14 days, I wrote back and said go on then please do so as I would love to have the chance to tell the judge about the offences they have comitted, weeks later no court action however they have now sent a letter offering a discount for full and final settlement and to ring them for full details ...... yeah right ..... best advice as above is don't talk on the phone, keep it all in writing. Good luck !!!

thirdly if they told you to get a loan they are commiting a breach of guidlines and you should report their sorry asses to Trading Standards.

I did that a couple of years ago when Newmans did the same to me. TS did rock all as far as I can tell however a letter to Credit Services Association, of which 1st Credit also belong, did yield results and their whole attitude changed.

Rock On