jellybabe vs Argos (rd 2)

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all letters are signed for - poor postman standing at each business address getting signature for each and every one could take days off his delivery time.

When you can afford it I suggest sending off a sar and think about claiming compound interest. It was 17.9% when I claimed some time earlier this year which was quite respectable so I ended up making a profit. All the best.

Hi jellybabe!

U have just revealed to the WHOLE world your Name, Address + Account No. on your doc in #22

Please take care to 'hide' personal details BEFORE Posting scanned doc online.

When attemptimg to Post docs online, try experimenting with the resolution a few times, at the scanning stage, until U are satisfied that what U save is smallish but still readable.

When U are happy, save to your HDD.

After uploading the doc to your Photobucket Album, left click on the 'IMG' address to Copy the doc form there.

When Posting on CAG, just right-click + 'Paste' the doc wherever U want it.

There is NO need to click on the 'insert image' button either...;)

...:)

Thanks MTM,

i erased all the data on photobucket before i posted it??Not sure what happened there?But thanks for looking out for it.

I have done it again, and hopefully it'll have worked now.

Also, i did end up scanning the images at 600 dpi, but the writing on the forms they sent me, is sooooo small already.

I know i'm a nuisance :oops:

I know how to link now, and i read the FAQ's and the Dummie guide, but i still can't post attachments like for example pdf files.

Just found this at the bottom of my thread:

Posting Rules

You may not post attachments

How will i be able to change that?I have seen quite a few pdf files on here, so surely there is a way to do it.

Sorry again, i am really trying. :oops:

pt2537 kindly aswered to the above question on one of my other threads.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/148011-jellybabe-argos-hubbys-account.html

I have now asked for the agreement within my S.A.R., which has been sent this morning.

Still not sure if i have to send the Non compliance letter re. CCA off or not?

I think i just leave it at that. After all, the charges should amount to a little bit. Now i am wondering how i'm gonna calculate the interest. I've got my spreadsheet from Steven4064's signature, i believe this is the right one??

Shall i just take the interest of the Argos website or would it be best to just leave it with just the charges. There are many different opinions out for the different type of interests, and if to claim it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my Statements....well, more like crytic printouts from argos.

I'm pretty sure the charges are stated on the "OTHER DB" section.

Do i just list anything in that section into my spreadie? As sometimes i can't make out if it's just charges or something else aswell?

I know that the charges are £12 each now, but sometimes it says £13.06 or £12.96 and so on. And i'm not sure if it is all charges and a little interest or if it is just a big bunch of interest.

sorry guys, just noticed i looked at the wrong section. Right, "FIN CHGS" i believe to be the Interest, And "OTHER DB" the actual charges.

Trying to get the right Spreadie now and then my Prelim will go out tomorrow.

Thanks sallysas,

did you use steven4064's spreadie?

I've got that one and it's so much easier to fill in than the other complex credit card one.

And the 17.9%...well, on my statement it says "Current Apr on purchases 27.9%". That's what i can see on the website aswell.

Reckon i should go for that one then? Or is it gonna be too much?

What do you think?

This is the one I used which UKAviator gave me. It may well be the same one Steven uses. My advice is to use the 27.9% if that is what it says on either your statements/webpage. It just happened to be the lower figure when I was claiming. Steven said to me months ago that it dosn't matter what % you use as this is about restitution so if you're wondering if you're being greedy I don't think so. Damm, wish I could have used that rate........... Edited by sallysas
Bad Link

Thanks again.

Sorry, link doesn't seem to work, but is it the one from the Templates Library?

I will give it a go and see which one works it out best.

I know, i thought it might be seen as unreasonable to use 27.9%, but after all that's what they charged me. So why shouldn't i?

By the way, Congrats on your win!

The link is working now but very slowly via megaload (I don't know - my sons did it for me) so either check with Steven or send a pm to ukaviator asking him for his spreadsheets as he has them for credit cards and current accounts. Sorry for being less than helpful.

Thanks sallysas,

Not to worry.It's working perfectly now. Big Thanks!

Sorry for being less than helpful.

Not true. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again...:-)

Edited by jellybabe

Worked my Charges out and they owe me only about £240.

Still waiting for them to provide me with a CCA.Sent one initially and then again within my S.A.R.

Not received anything yet so far.

The one within the S.A.R. had been received by them on the 02/07/08, which means they still have quite a lot of time to reply regarding this. But i make it that they are now in Default (10+2 days). So i will be patiently waiting for another month. Saying that, the nr of phonecalls has gone down lately. I'm sure it won't last for long, still getting the Reminder letters.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some advice please.

1. I sent a letter on the 31st July to Argos stating that the account is in dispute as they haven't complied with my CCA request.

Today i received a letter of argos stating that they did comply and they do not consider the account in dispute.

Has anyone got a really good reply for me please that i could send??

All they sent me was the documents at the beginning of my thread, not even an application form.In my letter to them i stated that i will make reduced payments only until they supply me with my cca, as i only dispute the amount owed. They are well over the deadline now.

2. While i was waiting i was sending a prelim off to Argos asking for £265.69. I also received a reply to that today stating the following:

"In managing your account, you have failed to make payments as they fall due resulting in £514.50 being charged to your account in total. Would it be best to ask them how they made that amount up? I'm not sure if i missed that many charges, or they cocked it up on their system somewhere?

Some advice is very much appreciated. I'm going away early tuesday morning and would like to send them a reply. At least about the CCA problem.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

Today i received a default notice from Argos giving me 14 days to pay my arrears.

I really need some advice now regarding this. Should i pay it? I don't want a default on my credit file.

But they haven't supplied my CCA yet and they keep sending me letters that they do not acknowledge the account in dispute.

I did ask for my CCA on the 20th June, so they are well past the deadline.

I'm panicking and i'm going on Hols tomorrow morning!

HELP please........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

Hi I'm no expert but i think it is best to pay up now if you can afford it that way you will avoid a default then you can claim back your charges so it will even itself out if you see what I mean.

Argos are a pain about removing defaults as I'm discovering but I'm not giving up

Good luck :)