Unlawful v Illegal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sitting watching my newborn the other day and just thinking to myself (as you do) and was wondering if someone (legal eagle or otherwise) could explain something to me.

What is the difference between "unlawful" and "illegal" under English Law?

And before anyone decides to give me the joke response of unlawful is against the law and illegal is a sick bird .... hahahaha ..... I am serious ......

Appreciate any answers. Thanks!!!

:)

I was sitting watching my newborn the other day and just thinking to myself (as you do) and was wondering if someone (legal eagle or otherwise) could explain something to me.

What is the difference between "unlawful" and "illegal" under English Law?

And before anyone decides to give me the joke response of unlawful is against the law and illegal is a sick bird .... hahahaha ..... I am serious ......

Appreciate any answers. Thanks!!!

Found this and hope it helps lol

Illegal means "against or not authorized by law." Unlawful means "contrary to, prohibited, or unauthorized by law...while necessarily not implying the element of criminality, it is broad enough to include it." (Black's Law Dictionary) So, for example, you could unlawfully stay in your apartment after your lease is up (unlawful detainer) but that's not a crime against the state, it's a civil wrong (tort) against your landlord. If the landlord then took you to court and had you properly evicted, and you then returned to the premises, you might then be guilty of the crime of trespassing. Trespassing is illegal. See how easy?

Sue:rolleyes:

All advice :p is given purely from personal experiences :mad: . If you are in doubt you should always seek legal / financial advice;) .

If i have helped in any way please let me know via personal message, IM in aol or clicking on my scales :D go on you know you want to really!!

Halifax Claim

Data Protection Act: 20/06/06,

LBA: 11/07/06,

N1: 7/8/06,

Paid in full 25/8/06

Swift Claim

Data Protection Act: 5/8/06,

Request for Payment 19/8/06,

LBA 4/9/06

Sod off response with paltry offer (accepted as part payment) 22/09/06

N1 filed 25/09/06, deemed served 11/10/06

No part payment recieved to date

GMAC Claim

Data Protection Act 21/08/06

Request for Payment 11/09/06

LBA 25/09/06

N1 Filed 11/10/06, deemed served 19/10/06

Welcome

Data Protection Act 11/09/06

Cheers for that Sue, appreciate the help!!!

Glad i could be of assistance, although must attribute the answer to ask.com uk:oops:

Sue

All advice :p is given purely from personal experiences :mad: . If you are in doubt you should always seek legal / financial advice;) .

If i have helped in any way please let me know via personal message, IM in aol or clicking on my scales :D go on you know you want to really!!

Halifax Claim

Paid in full 25/8/06

Swift Claim

LBA 4/9/06

GMAC Claim

LBA 25/09/06

Welcome

Trespassing is illegal.

Sue:rolleyes:

Are you sure didnt that guy Micheal someone Fagan maybe ??? got into the Queens bedroom and a few others cases.

I understand that aggravated trespass or trespass with the intent to disrupt/obstruct a lawful activity became a criminal offence a couple of years after the Fagan case.

I know you were using it as an example but did simple Trespass actually become a criminal offence?

all the best, mike

to be honest Mike i dont know, i actually found the quote online

Halifax Claim

Paid in full 25/8/06

Swift Claim

LBA 4/9/06

GMAC Claim

LBA 25/09/06

Welcome

• 5 years later...

Sue's response is the fairly common one, and yet I believe it to be incorrect. As far as I am aware, though I stress that I am not a lawyer but a mere Mathematician, our Common Law which covers a great deal of what we usually call the law, is based upon the Magna Carta. If you have the time, look up Magna Carta on Wikipedia and skim through its clauses. "Illegal" to me means that something to which this adjective is attached is contrary to a Statute of Parliament. Now, Statutes of Parliament have the appearance of being Law but are not - remember that Parliament (through the government) will set out what it wishes to happen in an Act and it becomes enacted by consent of our Queen on behalf of the people. We the people may consent to any act on a personal basis (that's the really tough bit) but the legal establishment (the Courts, the Lawyers and the Judges - particularly the Judges) contend that Acts of Parliament are Law, but they are NOT! Parliament sits and enacts (effectively) only with our consent and we have the right at any time to withdraw that consent whatever they say to the contrary - but look out for the Police if you try.

doh!

this thread is from 5yrs ago+

illegal is criminal

these charges 'were' unlawful, they are now unfair.

however everything went out he windows when the court case happened sev years later

do wake up at the back

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks