style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a mate who apparently subscribes to Sky DSL due to him being so far away from the exchange he cannot receive BT broadband etc. What I'm trying to find out is if this company has a UK office with contact details + phone number as the only ones we have managed to find are in Germany ( due to being German Company ) and everytime he rings them they cut him off.

He is pulling his hair out ( not that he has much poor fella ) due to his Sky DSL not working and is paying DD for it. I have advised him to with hold further payments until lthey actually contact him.

Second question, is there any other way he can get broadband internet connection? or is this problem going to stay with him due to him being at the end of the BT line so to speak.

Thanks in advance :-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi gni03349,

thanks for the info will pass it on to him. In the mean time I would still like to know if there is a UK office for them??

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

I'm really not sure, Ithink he bought it and installed it, I will have to speak to him and find out exactly what happened but thanks for your assistance in this ;-)

If he installed it himself, it could be just a simple case of aligning (or re-aligning) the lnb to the satellite (I think it's Eutelsat they use for their comms). If it was "professionally" installed, then he should get onto the people who installed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so that you know, - sky dsl, = sky adsl, and such its just another broadband supplier.

It has nothing to do with the satalite what so ever.

You can however get satalite internet connection, but there are some issues:

1) its very expensive, expect to pay £150 p/month for ~ 20gig allowence.

2) You will need another satalite, sky sat's are not big enough.

3) You will not be able to upload, and such a separate connection to the internet is required, ie dial up.

satsig.net/uk-satellite-broadband.htm

This is a list of some satellite broadband suppliers.

Hope this helps.

If your mate does have sky broadband at the moment, hey may want to check the website skyuser and goto the forum, its a thirving community of people willing to help each other out with broadband issues (generally sky only).

Rico... its NOT the adsl package available from Sky.. it's a company from Germany who call themselves SKYDSL... confusing, yes, but it's nothing to do with Sky TV.

Hi,

I have a mate who apparently subscribes to Sky DSL due to him being so far away from the exchange he cannot receive BT broadband etc. What I'm trying to find out is if this company has a UK office with contact details + phone number as the only ones we have managed to find are in Germany ( due to being German Company ) and everytime he rings them they cut him off.

He is pulling his hair out ( not that he has much poor fella ) due to his Sky DSL not working and is paying DD for it. I have advised him to with hold further payments until lthey actually contact him.

Second question, is there any other way he can get broadband internet connection? or is this problem going to stay with him due to him being at the end of the BT line so to speak.

Thanks in advance :-)

Bit confused re what you want

I have sky broadband live in a converted barn a few miles from nearest exchange and best was 2kb

It was always cutting out, phoned them and they slowed the speed at the exchange (not the my computer)

Only cut out once since then

ps I got through almost straight away ?

Stewpots.... FORGET Rupert Murdochs SKY.. its NOT that one.. if you read the thread you would have seen that.. its a German company calling themselves SKYDSL, not SKY.. two different companies.