Not Unfair Charges but Ridiculous Behaviour Anyway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Typical Halifax and bank behaviour last week from a story my dad told me last week when he went to the local Halifax to bank some of his saved up change. So, little old guy goes in to a branch with nobody at all in the queue, three windows open, plonks about £10 in counted up and bagged bits on the counter ..... "sorry, can only accept £5 at a time". Fair enough he says, take £5 which they weigh etc and bank, still nobody else in the whole branch. Then he says now can you bank this £5 ........ "errrrr I am not sure ...... I think it is £5 per person" ...... he says "well you just said per transaction or at a time so this is another transaction ??" "or shall I go to the next window given this enormous queue I am holding up". Mini conference takes place behind the protective glass, "we are sorry we can't take it, it is per day", "surely you are having a laugh" ...... "no".

Well for goodness sake, what would the harm of been there ..... not like they had anything better to do or were massively busy or it was a ridiculous amount to deal with ............ I just cannot do with them ...... those smiley rubbish adverts in their stupid suits that can't even sort out a simple task for a harmless old codger ..... computer says no ..... or in this case the brainwashed human beings ....... rant over.

My friend used to work for RBS - from what I've been told can totally believe this to be true! They used to spend more time over what time they were taking their lunch than dealing with customers!

Woozel 1 - DCA 0

I think I saw this happen in my local branch but I wasn't paying too much attention at the time!!!!

If there is a Sainsbury's branch nearby they have a cash machine that counts loose change and gives it back in notes etc. FOR FREE. Just a thought......

I asked him about that as this branch is next to the local Morrisons which also has one of these machines, unfortunately this particular machine does charge which is why he went to the bank ..... and i don't blame him ...... maybe they should put the free machines in banks ??

It should be noted that coinage only to a limited value is legal tender!

£5 (Crown) - for any amount

£2 - for any amount

£1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding £10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10

20p - for any amount not exceeding £10

10p - for any amount not exceeding £5

5p - for any amount not exceeding £5

2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

Royal Mint

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

I can well believe it. Banks are a bit like third-world countries - all shiny, new and modern at the airport but get behind the gloss .....

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.