• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Housing have issued Notice of Seeking Possession...Serious Benefits Problems Any Advice Will be APRECIATED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can empathise re your migraines as I suffer too - ask your GP if he will prescribe Zomig (zolmitripan) - I have taken these since over counter medication ceased being effective - approx 15 years on repeat script. Only get 6 tabs per script but I only ever need 1 tab to zap my migraine - no side effects either. They are very expensive (according to my pharmacist approx £15 per tab!) so don't be surprised if your GP doesn't rush to write out the script! If I were you I would tell him that you have tried all over counter migraine relief but that none are effective. Furthermore, if he is not aware of your present dire financial straits, do enlighten him - hopefully if you go into enough detail he'll issue the script just to get rid of you! lol Good luck, let me know how you get on.

My previous doctor used to give me them and some preventatives also but the new doctor instead of looking through my records on what I had as repeats wants to examine me first which I cant understand as I have suffered migraines since I was 16 and i am now 35. The most the emergency dr did was ask if I have had my head scanned as my longest attack was 1 week morning noon and night with no stopping.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Mine where actually Naratriptan (Naramig) been given a repeat perscritpion and dr's appointment on 30th so that possibley I can be examined/tests if need be.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Hi,

I just came across this thread and have to say it's pretty shocking! I am an ex Housing Officer, (no hate mail please!). I can honestly say though that I never evicted anyone in those 10 years.

It's a fact that the easiest way to get an eviction is on the grounds of rent arrears. The landlord however must be able to demonstrate that they have made every effort to assist you in maintaining you tenancy, (ie supporting you through HB claims etc if necessary). The Housing Officer, if they are doing their job correctly, should be keeping in regular contact with you. It is obvious in this case that he hasn't. That, to me, would be a strong basis of defence in this action. The Housing Corporation would not be impressed with HO's that fail to return calls once an NOSP has been served.

I also think you should have been provided with the assistance of a Benefits Visiting Officer to look at your circumstances and push the HB claim forward. This isn't available everywhere, but it is an invaluable service.

Did you receive regular letters advising you of the arrears on your rent account? You should have had several of these warning that an NOSP would be sought? They should also have requested meetings with you to discuss the arrears.

Did you receive ANY advice about possible deductions from benefit from your HO? They can, and should have sought a deduction which would mean that you have shown an intention to pay. Once the paperwork is done, (usually between the HA & the DWP), then court action would potentially fail. The rate of payment is set down by legislation and so cannot be refused by your landlord.

I would advise that you get a letter from your GP to support your request for backdating the HB claim. This would ensure that the Judge, (should the landlord still wish to go to court), would have medical evidence to support your defence.

The landlords may still wish to go to court, even though I feel sure they know it is somewhat precarious with an HB claim pending. You therefore have to rely heavily on that fact, and the fact that the HO was totally unhelpful and unavailable to you through this process. Judges don't like Housing Officers at the best of times, so play on that as much as possible.

You should also be speaking to a LA Housing Options Advisor as you are under an NOSP, (ie potentially being made homeless). They, if they know how to do their job, should be intervening and trying to stop you losing your home, as they will undoubtedly be left having to re-house you. They can provide the court with substantiating evidence that an HB claim is outstanding which would halt the process.

I would though, in any event, request a copy of the formal complaints procedure from your landlord, (aagin they should have offered this to you anyway under Housing Corp regulations), and start the process now. The HO in this case, (in my view) has been negligent.

I hope you give 'em hell! I'm always staggered that Landlords act like this, when there really is NO need for it.

Regards,

xx

Just another quick thought.

If you have been suffering from/and diagnosed as suffering from stress, you are covered under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995.

Landlords have to tread extremely carefully when dealing with tenants who are covered by the act. Judges take a very dim view of heavy handedness with regards to Disability Rights.

I would therefore make sure your GP makes as much as possible of your stress related illness, and the impact of your landlords actions upon your condition. Once you have that in writing, you can use it to your advantage.

xx

Mine where actually Naratriptan (Naramig) been given a repeat perscritpion and dr's appointment on 30th so that possibley I can be examined/tests if need be.

That just about sums up the state of NHS! Well, hopefully, you get the 'tested' followed by an effective remedy. Nobody should suffer the way you have! I used to get 'weekend migraines' - the minute I returned home from work on the Friday which lasted right up until bedtime on Sunday night, miraculously gone when I woke on Monday morning!? They were bad enough but I just cannot imagine enduring one for a whole week! All the very best. Keep us posted.

Hi SSE, Hope you are feeling better today, I just popped in to see how you are getting on. that looks like some very helpful advice from Help48, I am learning new stuff all the time following this thread. Keep your chin up and TRY not too get yourself all stressed out, even though it is not easy for you. Stone XX

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thank you Stoned, Bezzer and Help48, I took some time off dealing with all my problems due to the migraines thought I make a fresh start Monday morning though rest isn't really an option with 3 kids:D

Thank you Help48 you have offered some interesting info and I will look into it as I have put in my formal complaint to DWP and the ombudsman sent my complaint to the LA but I have not heard anything.

The HO did say I should try to offer something if just £3 so I will try but was advised that there is a Discretionary Housing Payment I can apply for so I am going to do a search and give them a call. And also I have been told there may be something in the Children's Act 1975 which may entitle me to funds/support and I should contact Social Services. (all this info I have obtained while I was supposed to be resting:rolleyes:).

As for the NHS they are a joke but you have to take what you can get, and hopefully this can be alleviated for once and for all as this is more than a drag on my nerves and really would like to know what its like to be pain free.

I'm going to take things a bit slower though just so I can try and give my mind time to rest as the amount of sleep I have been getting is barely enough to get by on and may be a contributing factor as I have not had a good nights sleep in a very long time.

And thank you Stoned, if I can help anyone from my thread that's enough for me as I wouldn't wish this on my enemy, my youngest is dying for some mommy time but from monday to friday I have been consumed with this and then on the weekends is housework and half the time I am not even fit to play with her because I'm grouchy from the migraines because I don't want any noise:(

So bare with me and I will update if I get any news progress or info.

Thanks All

Update: Spoke with citizen's advice as instructed by MP and am going on Wednesday (I better remember to bring my packed Lunch:rolleyes:), and also have appointment with the HB who deal with Discretionary Payments on the 26th June.

So will let you know how they go.

Update: (say's a lot about my resting:rolleyes:)Had a surprise visit from my HO, lol Help48 think he got read the riot act:rolleyes: as he came baring a referral to the CAB.

It would appear that the letter I sent to the MP along with a letter from him has made its rounds through the bosses/managers etc and he was issued with the order to come and fill in the form in order to obtain help from the CAB which is supposed to be quicker than the usual queue up and wait to be assessed version currently on offer. Also he offered to refer me to a Tenancy Sustainment Officer, and basically advised me all action has to be halted as per MP's instruction while they are to offer all forms of help to sort this situation out with my rent arrears & HO benefit...again he came offering advise of claiming income support which I have again refused as I can not deal with the stress and so far IS has been more stressful than helpful.

I don't even think government & DWP/LA are even bothered by the fact.....2007/08 money paid by SLC would have been based on 2007 Budget, since the Budget 2008 increased Social Security Payments (DWP/CB/TAX CREDITS even Milk Tokens went up:rolleyes:)yet students are living on money that was set from the previous years budget. News reports have since highlighted the credit crunch and rising inflation in regards to benefits we are worse off with rising costs of food/fuel. How the hell can DWP/HB sit and assume the money students are given to live off should last and be enough for students, especially students with families or as in my case one parent students with families bills, debts and commitments with no other form of help when the 2007/08 payments have not taken into consideration the credit crunch and rising inflation?

Its bad enough DWP are stupid enough to assume that single parent families who study are not entitled to help if you qualify for LEA however they are looking at the money as a whole with nothing else taken into consideration least of all what every person is experiencing now huge energy & food bills.

Hi Sweet,

I'm absolutely delighted for you! You should never have been placed in this position if the HO had been doing their job.

I would still advise though that you maintain a stance with your Housing Provider in regards to you making a complaint. It will be somewhat laborious, but ultimately it will give you certain protection throughout the rest of this matter. Also, when you have ANY dealings with your HO, make sure they are committed to writing. The HO will have to prove that they acted correctly, so you need paper trail. After each meeting, they should send you a letter outlining what was agreed. That way, you are fully protected.

Tenancy Sustainment Officer eh? Sounds like you've got them all running about like headless chickens now!

The one thing that most decent RSL's, (Registered Social Landlords), tend to agree on is that eviction should be the LAST RESORT. They are also monitored by Audit Commission on how many evictions they process etc and how those cases were dealt with by the RSL. Don't get me wrong though, some RSL's are performance targeted by their bosses to get evictions, particularly in regards to arrears, as this pushes up their productivity percentage....looks good to the Board!

In the meantime though, I'm really pleased you got the help you needed. No matter how late in the day it may seem, there is usually a solution. I also enjoyed being able to pass on some of my experience as I miss my Housing job terribly.........strange as it may seem. It's rewarding if it's done properly though.

Hope the migraine's easier tonight.

xx

On top of everything else a social worker has called me twice for an interview regarding my son, apparently my details have been passed to them, and the time she started contacting me has been since I have taken my son out of school in order to home school him until september when he starts secondary school.

He is 10 yrs old, and an averaged pain in the ass troublesome annoying 10 yr old boy who happened to touch a fellow pupils breast at school for this he was given three weeks punishment over a four week period which at a time when I was already stressed out I asked they expel him.

They choose not to but from the 6th may wanted him to have 1 week inclusion then be treated as normal for his SAT'S then two weeks exclusion. Even an education social worker has said the situation was handled badly as yes even this sort of action regardless of the fact that they are just kids has to be taken seriously but the headmistress should not have done a bunny hop stop and start punishment with him. If stated exclusion was warranted he should have been given it from the get go and alternative measures taken to set up his participation in his SAT's somewhere else.

Instead the headmistress chose not to acknowledge me until the 13th may considering I had spoken with the deputy several times and even she herself said she would inform the head to call me. I was not asked to attend any meetings etc by the 13th May the heads issues were that he was attending but not in uniform but when she realised her talking down to me didn't get her the response she had wanted she decided to try and use her authority to try and over rule me...i.e. that he was to stay in school to the end of every day however I stated as he was no longer going to be considered a pupil at the school I would only allow him to be there for his SAT's which were in the AM and he was to come home after each days tests. From the period of 6th -15th he spent this as punishment at home revising for his SAT's on BBC Bitesize as when they decided to give him a 3 week punishment over 4 weeks they stopped him attending his booster classes for revision before and during his SAT's the school once booster classes started were not even issuing homework which was something else I complained about.

She then sent me a letter threatening to report me to the educational social worker who I then called myself and informed him of everything that had taken place where I was then informed I had the right to home school my child. On his advice I called the school and informed them 14th May, my son did his last test the 16th May and I was contacted by the educational social worker to put this in writing to the school to cover myself. Which I did on the 20th May.

The school neither acknowledge receipt of my verbal or written intention and neither offered advice on where to find resources to help home school my child. However a few days before half term I had social services asking for an interview and telling me his details had been passed to them.

Now the educational social worker has already been last week to review the work I have been doing with my son, and spoken with me at length with my son present and spoken to my son.

They left happy with what I was doing as it is only till September so the only thing I can think is that the school have made some allegation against me because of how I have complained about how they handled the situation in addition to the lack of homework, treating him like he was a pervert/rapist/pedophile rather than a 10 yr old boy who was stupid.... this I picked up from the headmistresses comment to me when giving her reasoning on why she intended to give him inclusion she stated if she had had a daughter at the school she would not want her daughter left alone with my son...I even had her say if it were my daughter....but the fact is I have two daughter's and am in no way blind sided when it comes to my son, as I said he's annoying...But the head painted my son out to be a monster which the deputy head and education social worker did not, she stated that parents weren't happy sending their child to school with my son, yet at no point previous to the 13th had this been hinted at or suggested by the deputy head.

Even since his leaving the school I myself have witnessed his class mates call to him and ask him if he's coming back, while one girl's mother told me her daughter was upset that he wouldn't be going to the same senior school and that her daughter talks of nothing but my son and was unhappy he was no longer at school, She stated he daughter was choosy about her friends but saw my son as one of her best friends everyone says my son has manner's and is well behaved and everyone has been shocked at how this has been dealt with.

I can not say what the truth is behind the breast incident as he said he fell:rolleyes: but they say he felt the child's breast then said...""oh give us a kiss:rolleyes: yet the incident was not witnessed by an adult but the version of two children and my son adamantly denies saying what was said. But to now have social services on my case demanding an interview, calling at times when it is inappropriate to speak, refusing to acknowledge that I have stated its inappropriate (like while the housing officer was at my home today) and even refusing to put it in writing even threatening to just turn up at my home. I have since called back and reported her and made it clear should this report be based on an allegation from the school especially made between the dates of 6th -20th May I will sue the school.

Can someone tell me...WHY ME:confused:

Hi Sweet,

I'm absolutely delighted for you! You should never have been placed in this position if the HO had been doing their job.

I would still advise though that you maintain a stance with your Housing Provider in regards to you making a complaint. It will be somewhat laborious, but ultimately it will give you certain protection throughout the rest of this matter. Also, when you have ANY dealings with your HO, make sure they are committed to writing. The HO will have to prove that they acted correctly, so you need paper trail. After each meeting, they should send you a letter outlining what was agreed. That way, you are fully protected.

Tenancy Sustainment Officer eh? Sounds like you've got them all running about like headless chickens now!

The one thing that most decent RSL's, (Registered Social Landlords), tend to agree on is that eviction should be the LAST RESORT. They are also monitored by Audit Commission on how many evictions they process etc and how those cases were dealt with by the RSL. Don't get me wrong though, some RSL's are performance targeted by their bosses to get evictions, particularly in regards to arrears, as this pushes up their productivity percentage....looks good to the Board!

In the meantime though, I'm really pleased you got the help you needed. No matter how late in the day it may seem, there is usually a solution. I also enjoyed being able to pass on some of my experience as I miss my Housing job terribly.........strange as it may seem. It's rewarding if it's done properly though.

Hope the migraine's easier tonight.

xx

Thank you, it just seemed funny how I read you reply today and then all this should happen but better late than never, will see what happens next.

Took a tablet so the head has eased;) but there is still that dull ache that a good sleep could probably.

On top of everything else a social worker has called me twice for an interview regarding my son, apparently my details have been passed to them, and the time she started contacting me has been since I have taken my son out of school in order to home school him until september when he starts secondary school.

He is 10 yrs old, and an averaged pain in the ass troublesome annoying 10 yr old boy who happened to touch a fellow pupils breast at school for this he was given three weeks punishment over a four week period which at a time when I was already stressed out I asked they expel him.

They choose not to but from the 6th may wanted him to have 1 week inclusion then be treated as normal for his SAT'S then two weeks exclusion. Even an education social worker has said the situation was handled badly as yes even this sort of action regardless of the fact that they are just kids has to be taken seriously but the headmistress should not have done a bunny hop stop and start punishment with him. If stated exclusion was warranted he should have been given it from the get go and alternative measures taken to set up his participation in his SAT's somewhere else.

Instead the headmistress chose not to acknowledge me until the 13th may considering I had spoken with the deputy several times and even she herself said she would inform the head to call me. I was not asked to attend any meetings etc by the 13th May the heads issues were that he was attending but not in uniform but when she realised her talking down to me didn't get her the response she had wanted she decided to try and use her authority to try and over rule me...i.e. that he was to stay in school to the end of every day however I stated as he was no longer going to be considered a pupil at the school I would only allow him to be there for his SAT's which were in the AM and he was to come home after each days tests. From the period of 6th -15th he spent this as punishment at home revising for his SAT's on BBC Bitesize as when they decided to give him a 3 week punishment over 4 weeks they stopped him attending his booster classes for revision before and during his SAT's the school once booster classes started were not even issuing homework which was something else I complained about.

She then sent me a letter threatening to report me to the educational social worker who I then called myself and informed him of everything that had taken place where I was then informed I had the right to home school my child. On his advice I called the school and informed them 14th May, my son did his last test the 16th May and I was contacted by the educational social worker to put this in writing to the school to cover myself. Which I did on the 20th May.

The school neither acknowledge receipt of my verbal or written intention and neither offered advice on where to find resources to help home school my child. However a few days before half term I had social services asking for an interview and telling me his details had been passed to them.

Now the educational social worker has already been last week to review the work I have been doing with my son, and spoken with me at length with my son present and spoken to my son.

They left happy with what I was doing as it is only till September so the only thing I can think is that the school have made some allegation against me because of how I have complained about how they handled the situation in addition to the lack of homework, treating him like he was a pervert/rapist/pedophile rather than a 10 yr old boy who was stupid.... this I picked up from the headmistresses comment to me when giving her reasoning on why she intended to give him inclusion she stated if she had had a daughter at the school she would not want her daughter left alone with my son...I even had her say if it were my daughter....but the fact is I have two daughter's and am in no way blind sided when it comes to my son, as I said he's annoying...But the head painted my son out to be a monster which the deputy head and education social worker did not, she stated that parents weren't happy sending their child to school with my son, yet at no point previous to the 13th had this been hinted at or suggested by the deputy head.

Even since his leaving the school I myself have witnessed his class mates call to him and ask him if he's coming back, while one girl's mother told me her daughter was upset that he wouldn't be going to the same senior school and that her daughter talks of nothing but my son and was unhappy he was no longer at school, She stated he daughter was choosy about her friends but saw my son as one of her best friends everyone says my son has manner's and is well behaved and everyone has been shocked at how this has been dealt with.

I can not say what the truth is behind the breast incident as he said he fell:rolleyes: but they say he felt the child's breast then said...""oh give us a kiss:rolleyes: yet the incident was not witnessed by an adult but the version of two children and my son adamantly denies saying what was said. But to now have social services on my case demanding an interview, calling at times when it is inappropriate to speak, refusing to acknowledge that I have stated its inappropriate (like while the housing officer was at my home today) and even refusing to put it in writing even threatening to just turn up at my home. I have since called back and reported her and made it clear should this report be based on an allegation from the school especially made between the dates of 6th -20th May I will sue the school.

OMG! They do say that Him above never gives us more than we can handle - your life at present would suggest that this might not be strictly true!!!??? As if you haven't got more than enough on your plate? Look, I really marvel at just how you are coping with all this, I really, really do. I am full of admiration for you. This 'bad patch' will not last forever - IT WILL BE RESOLVED and so just try to focus on the fact that THERE WILL BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! If your overworked brain can find the space/time - try to imagine how you are going to celebrate when this nightmare part of your life is over:-D:D:lol::lol::p:p;)!!! I bet it will be SOME kinda celebration eh? Speak to you soon, chin up and all that.

As if you don't have enough to deal with.. as well as a stroppy-bitch -headmistress-cow-type thing now!! I would make damn sure every possible avenue was explored about this. She has practically accused your son of being some kind of sex-fiend!! (grr.. I just had to go back and correct a zillion typos 'cos what I read made me angry).

I'm surprised you can still come half the time and tell us whats happening.

All I can really say, like plenty of others is.. keep fighting, and like Bezzer says.. it wont last forever, even though it seems like it at the moment.

Take care...

SSE,

I have heard numerous horror stories similar to this, in several instances the child has been taken into care, although this was 10/20 years ago when I was heavily involved with a charitable society in the Channel Islands. I had first hand dealings with social workers, local authorities and "childrens homes". I am not trying to put any more worries on your plate as you have more than enough already, but just trying to help you when dealing with social workers. Be very careful what you say to them, they may appear to be your friend and trying to help, but everything you say is remembered and can be taken out of context and used against you. it has happened to me personally. A social worker was talking to me after one of my sons was involved in a similar incident, I had said, in regard to a totally different thing that had happened, "I could have killed him!". now we all say this about our kids at time and not meaning it, after all it is just a figure of speech, but this was in a report as a threat to do violence to him. I have never laid a finger on my kids, and never would. but social workers are working to a different agenda to normal people. Many do not have kids of their own and have no idea what real life is about.

after your interview, write to the social worker with your understanding of what passed, state "this is my undersanding of what was said/agreed, is this correct or have I mis-understood?. make notes at the time, record the conversation if you can, ask lots of questions, like

"why are you here?",

"who sent you?",

why did they send you?",

"what allegations have been made?"

"who made them?"

"are there witnesses/statements?"

"can I see them?"

check with your local CAB if there is a society like "Families in Care" that deal with the parents and families of children in local authority care. Gingerbread may be able to help you with this. Do not be aggresive or unhelpful or lose your temper, as all these will go against you just keep calm and polite and friendly and THINK before you speak. I am not trying to alarm you, just painting a worst case scenario, it will prob just all blow over, a storm in a tea cup, but forewarned is forearmed. I once saw a sign outside Southampton Social Services office giving the wonderful advice "Save a child........................... shoot a social worker. Keep smiling and please try not worry. you can PM me if you need more info.

Stone XXX:D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

I have asked myself several times if that statement is really true, that he doesn't give us more than we can bare but am seriously wondering if that is true, it was all I could do not to cry infront of the HO and even my daughter asks me if I'm ok, I can't lie and say yes, I do wonder where I'll end up if I dont hold it all in though and just dont cry as I think I would really fall to pieces.

A friend made me laugh as he said "if it weren't for bad luck i'd be all out of luck" which right now I must agree and think I am paying for every broken mirror my children have broke by default as they were my mirrors:rolleyes: I will be more than happy to see the light at the end of this tunnel as I will be running towards it full speed ahead:D

Do not be aggresive or unhelpful or lose your temper, as all these will go against you just keep calm and polite and friendly and THINK before you speak.

"Save a child........................... shoot a social worker. Keep smiling and please try not worry. you can PM me if you need more info.

Stone XXX:D

As far as I am concerned if the report was made from the school especially during the time scale I gave Social Services when I made a complaint today, then I will take legal action against the school as that is just below the belt, and not because the Head got her nose put out of joint should she make reports against me. However the names of the educational social workers that came to review my homeschooling plans have been passed on to social services so they can contact them directly and they can get feed back themselves on how I or my son seemed and the work I am now doing with him.

I am not answering any allegation made out of malice which you would have to admit would appear to be the case, my eldest child is 15 and my youngest 2 and I have never had social services come into my home not once, AND my aunt works in social services so I will be having a word with her should my complaint go unrecognised and this woman continue to hound me on the basis of a malicious report especially if it coincides with the dates of communication with the school.

As for me being uncooperative, :rolleyes: guess I was that when I hung the phone up on her and erm reported her to her manager;)oh well I'll try and do better next time:D

• Haha 1

As for me being uncooperative, :rolleyes: guess I was that when I hung the phone up on her

no that was the telephone company, broken connection

and erm reported her to her manager

and that was was just you exercising you right to express you dissatifaction with the service she provided

;)oh well I'll try and do better next time:D

I am note sure of your location, but THIS group operates in essex and will be able to put you in contact with one in your area. stone xx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Thank You Stoned, will have a read through the site;)

Update: Received a response to my formal complaint to DWP and basically the response back did not acknowledge any of the issues other than to say thanks for the letter, apologies for the delays, on the basis of obtaining accurate information. Yes we all know the one piece of information they are after and at the end of the day it doesn't take from the 18th April till now, plus as he stated it will take another 3 weeks, so I will be contacting the ombudsman that deals with DWP.:mad:

Had my appointment at CAB and have just got home been there since 10am....and I was hungry:rolleyes: knew I should have packed lunch:D, have an appointment with housing specialist booked, and they want to book me an appointment to deal with my benefits to make sure I am getting the correct money but also to deal with my claim for DLA that was refused. A piece of advice I was given is that many who claim and are turned down do not appeal, and the DLA usually turn down and like to see people appeal before awarding so yep I am gonna appeal. Which hopefully after everything I am going through now my doctor will also be able to support my claim not just based on my hyperactive thyroid. The only problem we are currently facing is that I need to get CLA to provide evidence of my request to no longer act on my behalf so that CAB can take over.

Other than that I have nothing new to tell....except:grin: since my initial complaint via MP and Ombudsman the repairs I have constantly been complaining about for months...water through my roof which was apparently fixed but then water continued coming in through the same places a month after first repair have finally been done properly, even when the workmen somehow managed to cause a hole in my ceiling it was fixed yesterday, the same crack in the ceiling where the water had been coming in due to the roof, also fixed although previously I have complained about this no end of time from when the first time rain came in. The issues with my neighbour and her dog due to the council being too tight to fence my garden or repair broken fences....the HO put in a job request and sent me the proof.

Are they walking on eggshells here? Bending over backwards to give me nothing else to complain about:D

Update on the social worker issue: I received a letter today and I am so angry:mad: the report made to social services states my son touched a pupils breast put his hands between her legs and asked her to have sex!! I have spoken with the education social worker who works at the school who states, she has NOT heard that allegation neither her or her colleagues and that the original allegation was the same on I had been told. And she will be contacting both the school & social services.

She also agrees that had the incident taken place as suggested she would have expected much more to have taken place straight away and that the school themselves would have been the first to suggest expelling my son rather than inclusion and exclusion and refusing MY request to expel him. But most of all HAD it taken place she would have expected HERSELF & HER COLLEAGUES to be aware of it. And today was the first she heard it when I relayed the letter received. I myself would have also expected HAD it taken place that the child's parents inform the police as that is sexual assault:eek:

Now if that is not a malicious act by the school I don't know what else is and now am issuing formal complaints to the school, ofstead the chair of governors and the director of education as well as seeing if I can sue the school.

Any advice on what else I can do most welcome

Having read all of this thread, SSE I think you're amazing!!!

You have just kept going through all this, no matter what happens. And you are achieving so much. I have NO doubt you will get through this as well.

I'm just subscribing to this thread- in case I can ever offer any help and also to see right away when you WIN against them all.

Stay strong. You are doing brilliantly.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

I have been following your thread but have not posted on it before.

I have had dealings with Social Services recently over my g/s and I was pointed in the direction of the following:

Family Rights Group :: Welcome

They have a helpline that you can phone for advice and there is a really good forum.

They really helped me with knowing my rights and how to deal with SS.

Hope this is of some help.