Housing have issued Notice of Seeking Possession...Serious Benefits Problems Any Advice Will be APRECIATED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You brought tears to my eyes, thank you so much just those words alone off me encouragement and mean so much you have no idea((I'm crying now) I have felt so stressed and with my health the way it is I seriously doubted my abilities but I came across this quote..."If you have no

confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life." And I have to have faith in my abilities and not doubt myself in order to fight every problem that has come upon me and try and believe what people say ...that god does not give us more than we can bare though I do wonder:|

Thank You

Just reading of your experiences brought tears to my eyes also! That is why I felt compelled to at least try to offer you some comfort. It also makes me feel good just to know that it worked. I would love to hear how you get on and if you see your MP (which I sincerely hope you do) what he/she has to say. Perhaps you'll keep me posted?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading of your experiences brought tears to my eyes also! That is why I felt compelled to at least try to offer you some comfort. It also makes me feel good just to know that it worked. I would love to hear how you get on and if you see your MP (which I sincerely hope you do) what he/she has to say. Perhaps you'll keep me posted?

Yes I will, and will update the thread with all progress until this is resolved. Many thanks to you and for taking the time to read.:) I spend monday to friday doing paper work and sorting out these problems as I have been neglecting my lil one I try to spend weekends with the kids, so if I am unable to contact my MP today amongst the other paper work I am doing then Monday I will then try and send him/her information and hope that they will help.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Just one thing... a local councillor wouldn't deal with anything to do with DWP. I had a problem with them, and was told that it isn't within a councillors remit to help with DWP problems. I was told it had to be an MP, which after all the faffing about I didn't need anyway.

I noticed Bezzers comments, and that was my impression too... yer a tough 'un, and you're doing remarkably well considering all this unnecessary cr*p. There really should some kind of comeback against these people who are after all servants, only I wouldn't call a lot of them very civil at all!!

Right.. off now to catch up on your numerous other threads lol.

Hi again! GNI03349 is quite correct - you definitately need to see your MP and not local councillor! Also I would not SEND anything - you need a face to face meeting - you would need to phone and make an appointment or turn up at one of the weekly surgeries they hold. This is what I did and because of the state that I was in on the day (could hardly stop crying when relaying my problem) I'm sure this gained MP's resolve to help. I would not ASSUME that he/she won't be able to help re DWP - as with Inland Rev, they also have an MP'S HOTLINE. Good luck!

Hi again! GNI03349 is quite correct - you definitately need to see your MP and not local councillor! Also I would not SEND anything - you need a face to face meeting - you would need to phone and make an appointment or turn up at one of the weekly surgeries they hold. This is what I did and because of the state that I was in on the day (could hardly stop crying when relaying my problem) I'm sure this gained MP's resolve to help. I would not ASSUME that he/she won't be able to help re DWP - as with Inland Rev, they also have an MP'S HOTLINE. Good luck!

Just one thing... a local councillor wouldn't deal with anything to do with DWP. I had a problem with them, and was told that it isn't within a councillors remit to help with DWP problems. I was told it had to be an MP, which after all the faffing about I didn't need anyway.

I noticed Bezzers comments, and that was my impression too... yer a tough 'un, and you're doing remarkably well considering all this unnecessary cr*p. There really should some kind of comeback against these people who are after all servants, only I wouldn't call a lot of them very civil at all!!

Right.. off now to catch up on your numerous other threads lol.

Thank you both and gni03349 happy reading hope you are not confused by it all as I am the poster and am confused half the time but trying to deal with everything, but I will say this...with all the problems I have faced CAG have been helpful beyond what they may possibly realise.

Every poster who has told there story, the information offered, every success and even every non success has helped me through reading what that person has done not done etc. And to know although half the time you would not wish this on your enemy, the fact that I am not alone, others have been through this survived and came out the other end. Makes me know there is hope for me too.

All the LBL threads and posters helped me deal with mine and I guess when we first start posting we are seeking help without realising we are paving the way for others as those who have posted have done before me giving me information and strength to fight. And I hope what ever the out come my eventual out come will later on help others should they find themselves in such a predicament.

Thanks All

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Hi SSE I have just been catching up with this thread and again I see you are getting good advice all round. DO contact your MP, they do help out, if the worst does come to the worst and it does get to court stage, the courts are generaly on your side if you prove that you are making a genuine attept to clear the arrears. You should supply them with an income/expenditure sheet to show where your money comes from and goes to. you can get a good one from your local CAB or online here http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/d_rent_arrears.pdf

And if at any time you feel the need to kick or shout at someone, well you know where to find me :D:D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

And if at any time you feel the need to kick or shout at someone, well you know where to find me :D:D

Aww bless thank you lol :D I needed that smile

Can we all come stonedcroze? If not to kick, then at least watch SSE kickin ya :p

LoL I hadn't realised till now that this would be a good money raising scheme :D:D could actually help with my rent lol

OMG is it get stone day or something !! I get enough of that on the Halifax forum, I just came here for some peace and quiet LOL

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

But not an offer to allcomers :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

But not an offer to allcomers :p

Well I am glad to have been one of the selected few lol and it made me smile so thanks for the offer:D

It still stands LOL;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Only if you can afford the entrance fee :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Well theres another batch of paperwork emailed and also ready for posting so that CLA can work on my behalf to help get me my benefits:| and still a tun more paperwork to do before I can sit and play games with my kids....no sooner do I remember things I am supposed to do I forget as I got so much to do lol or is that just a sign of old age:|:D

You're lucky Bezzer... at least you remember, but then if i've forgotten anything, I don't know about it anyway... 'cos I've forgotten about it.

SSE.. have a great weekend.. forget all this for a day or two, and have fun with the kids.

Well I have just finished for the evening lol, put the address on the last envelope so I am ready to go jump in my bath, knocked out my chatty 2 year old who has not shut up all day and still doesn't seem ready for bed...think there is something in the water:|

Then as my eldest has been taken out by her GM...lucky them they've gone to see Mary J Blidge, I will settle down for a game of GTA with my son and let my worries go till Monday morning....Have a good night all...wish I had a bottle but will make do with a hot ribbena :D

Hot Ribena is OK as long as you have some voddy in it !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Unfortunately I was fresh out of alcohol:eek: BUT my friend sure made up for that last night by buying all the drinks which ensured the headache I woke up with this morning hence I haven't really been on, nursing a poorly head:smile: feeling better now though after many cups of coffee and two paracetamol;)

Hey Sweensexy,

Just spent the last hour reading through this post, and would like to offer some advice if i may.

Firstly are you with a housing association or are you a local council tenant?

Have you spoken to your local authorities welfare rights team or indeed their Homeless team for A&A?

Housing benefit should not "wait" until you have an assessed benefit claim, be that Inc support, JSA, Incap Ben etc. They should assess on your current income and IF REQUIRED, reassess when your have a change of circs. I would certainly advise speaking to your local welfare rights, who can deal with both DWP & Housing benefit claim. They will also be able to liase with your landlord and look at discussing and possibly preventing an eviction.

Also, have you spoke to your local Shelter office. They may be able to deal with your case, and may even look at threatening your local authority / housing ass with a judicial review.

Shelter England - Advice topics: England

hope my ramblings help.

JD

Thank you JD, I am in a LA home and have not looked into those that you mentioned though I will certainly try as I received a council tax demand :eek:now for £640.36 at £90ish a month...think someones having a laugh now don't you:rolleyes: and all at my expense:mad: