NatWest Threatening Action

lozzzy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ho Folks,

I've got a little issue!

i've not got an overdraft on my account with natwest however i'm £230 over drawn purely due to charges they keep applying each month.

I have wrote to natwest and today been contacted by there collections department. Apparently they havent received my letter asking for the charges to be removed and want £100 off me or they will default me.

I've talk them around a little and they have offered to let me seet up a payment plan to pay the £230 without adding any more charges however i cant really afford to do this.

I've informed them that i have sent a letter and they said they havent recevied it and that either way they wont refund any charges so i have no chocie but to set up a repayment plan.

Has anyone got any advice as i feel pushed into the corner!

Please sign this petition - Asking for the government to drop the length of time credit ref agencies can hold data on us!!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

:smile::p:rolleyes:

Hi Lozzy,I am at present claiming back my son's charges from Natwest and I have had a similar letter stating that they haven't received any letters or p.o. for the sar. Unfortunately for them I sent them all recorded delivery. Did you do this? I am sending them a lovely letter telling them that I have proof that I sent all of the above. I wonder if that is a tactic saying that they haven't received anything so that you will phone them, and they will get their money back from you.I personally would rewrite my lba and send it recorded delivery so that they have prove that you sent it. That way they cannot deny your claim. Keep asking questions on this site because it is a great site and someone always comes along and helps you.Eileen

Lozzy

I take it that you did not send these letters by recorded delivery, if not ensure all future correspondence is, I also tend to fax them as well and keep the transmission slips.

Did you make an S.A.R. (Subject Access Request) if so have they cashed the cheque.

Although they will deny this, your overdraft is covered by the consumer credit act, and as such you should have been provided with a clear set of terms and conditions covering the overdraft and how it should operate, it is highly unlikely they did this.

It would be possible to make a request under the Consumer Credit Act for a true copy of your agreement, which would mean you could put the account in dispute until that is provided.

In the meantime you must get your formal request in for repayment of the charges, follow the deadlines strictly, they will attempt to but cannot force you to pay if the account is clearly in dispute.

I had a good battle with NW but won, don't get down hearted.

Sharkie