A question regarding defaults

macperc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I understand that a default will stay on my credit history for 6 yrs.

If this default is not settled within 6 yrs, and passed through a number of DCAs, can each DCA re issue the default - in affect giving you a never ending cycle of default by selling the debt just before 6yrs?

i.e. If I can avoid settling for 6yrs will the default be removed from my credit history regardless of how many DCA have tried to get the money from me?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

James

If you have received a DEFAULT NOTICE, then this is known as a cause of action, if you do not acknowledge or make any payments for 6 years after this then the debt is statute barred.

This is not the same thing as the creditor entering data on to your Credit Reference Agency Report, they will continue doing this for as long as they can, unless you challenge it, (very very difficult to contest).

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I beleive my alleged debt dept is 4y/o in which time I've recieved no contact.

I've now recieved a letter from a DCA threatening to ruin my credit history.

I obviously don't want to pay an unenforceable debt but really don't want to damage my credit history.

Although I guess I can ask for proof of the debt etc - is the only way to avoid defaults/ccj by paying up in full whether a genuine debt or not?

Thanks,

James

Is it a creditcard/loan or something else?

You could send them a S.A.R, will cost you £10 but at least you will find out everything you want to know

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site