Deetec v HSBC

Deetec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Myself and my wife have been becoming increasingly cheesed off with being robbed by HSBC, It wasn't until I found this site that I reliased how much!

I have read the great walk through guides that are posted on this forum and have just taken the first step in sending of the DPA form for the three accounts we hold with HSBC, I eagerly await there response and will keep this thread updated with my progress!

Thanks in advance for all of your help, I can't believe how much better I feel about it now I know that I don't just have to accept it!

Hi Deetec

Welcome. You are in good hands with this site. Have a good look around first and familiarise youorself and if you need any help at all just shout.

Good luck

JB:D

Welcome to the forum deetec, :)

As jailbird and PD have said - you only have to ask - you've done well to read up on this yourself and set the ball rolling, but if you're unsure of anything - we're a friendly lot on here ........:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well HSBC replied before Abbey, in a record 9 days. The total amount over the three current accounts comes to a grand total of £5072 which is unbelievable! It makes me seriously angry at myself for letting it get to that amount, but I am half happy and thinking of it as a little savings account (As long as I get it back in the end!) Some of the accounts have charges up to £100 listed as overdraft fees, it doesn't say whether this was for one 'offence' or whether they have lumped aload together under one charge which I see as quite strange.

They have explained in the letter that everything is on hold pending the OFT case but I will send the letters and see what happens!

Hi again deetec,

I would say it's important that you keep to the timetable right up to the court stage ,where it may be stayed if that's still the policy..... it may be by the time you get to that stage things will be clearer (hopefully!:))

Don't let HSBC or their legal eagles (DG) divert you from your goal with waffle.........

So - make a start - produce your Schedule of Charges and Prelim letter, asking for it back - and come back anytime and ask if there's anything you want to know......

You've made a start

Best of Luck

johnny :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

does the above mean that we have no claim against the banks for excessive charges on personal accounts until the test case in the courts???

i had thought the personal claims were ok but anyone with a business account had to wait for the test case

Plesae could someone advice

Thanks

Hello lwtl,

It means that you can still submit a claim to the courts, but it may be stayed until the final outcome of the Test case is determined. The main part of this case is over , but the banks are dragging it out and the OFT haven't made up their mind what they're going to do with their powers......:rolleyes:

The body of the Test case was directed at personal claims I'm afraid - so it's a case of 'wait and see' at the moment. However ,if you're not yet at the court stage, then this site is advising that you carry on with your action (regardless of any attempt to waylay you by the banks!),and take it as far as you can. The reasoning behind this is that any claims 'in the system ' so to speak, will be cleared first.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi there, Thanks for the extra advice!

Another question.... As we are claiming for three accounts do they all go on the one schedule or is it best to keep the accounts seperate and do one for each?

Thanks

I'd be inclined to keep them separate, deetec, if only to keep the amounts manageable under the 'small claims' banner, (which is usually £5000 tops.)Although they have been known to deal with claims over that amount, when you take in the 8% interest which will be claimable at the court stage ,it'll take it considerably over ......

It will also make it clear to the bank which individual account you are referring to -to save them getting confused...... :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

We have sent the LBA and recieved a letter back from HSBC stating that

'Unfortunately, both your signature and the address quoted on your letter differ from those on your records, before we action your request we need confirmation that your signature is valid' and the goes on to say that I have to go into a branch with proof of ID.

I wouldn't imagine that they had much of a problem with the address seeing its the same address they posted this letter to!

I have seen letter templates on the site re sig problems with the DPA forms, can anyone tell me if these are valid for the LBA aswell (the acts and sections quoted?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Deetec :)

I think this is what you're looking for :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/139881-hsbc-want-signature.html

Nemo me impune lacessit