Wedding Disaster - endless horrible problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a wedding and it went horribly wrong at the reception, everything we asked for was confirmed in writing but it turned out to be a disaster...:o

The brides vegetarian meal, was supposed to be Nutroast but the waitress said the chef made a mistake and was served paxo stuffing with pine nuts, oh and the roast potatoes were cooked in meat fat. There were 4 other vegetarians served the same.

The diabetic we invited was supposed to have fruit for desert, but was served chocolate cake.

Also, the non-alcoholic presse for the toast never materialised for those that didn't want an alcoholic drink.

The children didn't eat their meal of "fishfingers" because it was burnt like cardboard

The "Barn dance / Caliegh" band, booked by the venue (as they said they could organise it as a service) failed to show up.

The bar was supposed to be open during our wedding banquet starting at 1630, but didnt open till 1930.

Our wedding cake was supposed to be served in the evening as dessert, (we ordered an extra layer),but never materialsed.

The service was sub-standard, was not with a smile and slow. We feel so disapointed. We've sent them a letter outlining our problems, but where should we go- anyone any ideas?:???:

Edited by sidder
grammar

You said you have all this in writing?

I would send a letter to venue with a copy of the 'agreed' ceremonies , highlighting everything that was wrong and what was wrong with ther service as well.

What are looking for? full /partial refund etc ?

Have you already paid in full or just deposit?

I would ask for what you deem as fair and take it frm their and see what they are going to offer

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

We paid up in full prior to the wedding, we are sure that we want a refund, but how do you quantify a wedding reception in making a desicion that can be considered fair?

I think that is what is the hardest thing we can't get our heads round. I can't seem to find anything that enables us to compare to, or do you think I am looking into it too deeply? The worst of it is the emotional side, especially as we can't "recreate" the day.

:)Sid

Write them the letter pointing out everything that was wrong and that they did not adhere to the agreement. I would also ask for a total breakdown in costs as you agreed to a price for the services as per the agreement but obvioulsy these were not met.

Did you make any complaints on the day?

If so include this and the person or persons you made them too.

Finalise you letter stating you are seeking a full refund( if that's what you want). Although personally, I think it would be diffcult to get this as they did provide a service albeit not the one agrred too .

Others may have a better view and will contribute once they have time.

But try the inital letter and see what there repsonse is?

And send recorded delviery

Good Luck!

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Cheers, I've done that, also spoken to a solicitor over the phone and they stated it was a simple case of breach of contract; compensation and damages should be awarded. They followewitht the same advice of go and speak to them first and see what they have to offer. That's tomorrow, so we shall see :)

Well, we had the meeting. Very amicable, very apologetic. He was very insistent that he would make a "Goodwill" payment, but wouldn't acknowledge the term compensation. He wouldnt provide a figure, so after 30 mins of tooing and frowing over the ins and outs of the day, I said that I would expect that a "Goodwill" payment should consist of at least a refund and a top-up of a least 1-2k and he should come back to us with a figure. Nothing is final or written, he stated that he would call us by the end of next week. He came across as very relived. We didn't offer an exact figure- just suggested that he should offer at least what we stated. Though we personally are relived that he appeared to receptive, given the full expense of the wedding day, it does little to compensate the day, especially when you take the cost of the whole day.

I think I'll wait to see what he offers as a goodwill payment, then go down the legal route to check our rights exactly.