Mint Card / RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new letter from Wescot today, I dont need to explain myself to them as they should not have the account in the first place :D

Ignored and put away for safe keeping.

Wescot_Mint_23July09001.jpg

Oh, forgot to say, I will send them the good old doorstep letter. :D

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two paragraphs say it all. If you dont respond they will give up.

Is like a game of pass the parcel, when the music stops, the DCA that holds it can have the next go at me, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dont forget to write n tell them you do not agree to any home visits (as is your right) and if they do then you will call the police as this is now considered harassment.

They sent me to Green & Co today:( I is so scared;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

You are supposed to be intimidated by the LURID RED WRITING.

I love the way the squiggle is supposed to be from the ''Pre-Legal Collections'' which would mean that their collections are not yet LEGAL;):):D

v interesting to observe what I will probably be facing next. Amazing how knowledge empowers and reduces stress. (thanks cag again)

I was wondering if anybody had created intimidating headers to reply? Or is it accepted norm not to reply to any of these dca letters / threats?

What's annoying on my part is that RBS have terminated account after a wrongly dated default, cancelled the termination, kept the default and keep sending me statements and threats saying they will terminate account and default me!

Good old RBS - they are the main ones that give me encouragement due to all their faux-pas.

Hi Manc

What is the update,

I am in a DMP with RBS Mint as I have found that they have failed to list the essential prescribed terms in my CCA,

In all this saga have you managed to get the card removed from your credit file?

rgds

My credit file is in such a mess that I am not bothering about it at the moment. I am just playing the waiting game for statute barred now.

• 1 month later...

Next up is Scotcall who say failure to pay in 7 days will result in the account being passed to their Field Representatives who will arrange a Doorstep Call.

Will send a doorstep letter and file away.

Btw, Of course I didnt get a NOA !!!! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It has been a while since anything happened on this account.

Today a letter from my favourite bunch of monkeys arrived:

Mint_Moorcroft26March2011001.jpg

We have no idea who Arrow Global are, as they have never sent us any letter in the past.

Anyway, doorstep letter sent and this letter filed, for future fun !

Been sold on or is it the securitisation company who actually owns the debt?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

bulk buy book debts and then get others to collect eg moorcroft, have you ever been informed of the sale?

http://www.arrowglobal.net/services/debtpurchasesolutions.aspx

I have one with RBS n thsy have admitted in writing that all they have is an app form, but they still pass it around to everyone. The all go walkies when the know the truth :)

I have one with RBS n thsy have admitted in writing that all they have is an app form, but they still pass it around to everyone. The all go walkies when the know the truth :)

I know when a DCA is desperate when they pass it to Moorcroft :lol:

Ha :)

so far only cabot have provided a true cca on a halifax debt they bought, the card was taken out 1991!! Unfortunately it is totally legit :(, though the totally crap Default Notice Halifax sent beforehand has so many errors I laugh every time i look at it :)))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manc,

This sounds identical to my situation with Mint. Passed to Bryan Carter, CCA'd September 2008 and everything went until this month when I received a NOA from RBS to Arrow Global and a Notice of Debt Collection from Wescot.

Am not sure what to do now, CCA Westcot or just ignore them. Am playing for the Statute Barred as the original default was 6 years ago next February.

Will watch your thread with interest!

• 1 year later...

Apparently my wife is dead !!!

That is according to the latest letter we got from Phillips & Cohen on behalf of Britannica Recoveries S.a r.l- Arrow

To the Executor of the Estate of the Late Mrs X

Bunch of numpties probably think we will phone up and say she isnt dead, but will let them think what they want!!