Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4563 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

3 years ago i took out a loan with Black horse, At time i was told it was a requirement because it was a secure loan. 8 months later i topped up the loan,In order to do this i had to pay off existing loan. Knowing the amount i had paid and what the final payment was on first loan i am positive i paid off the PPI to, 5 months ago i topped up again. I had a £12,000 loan and topped it up to £16,000. On the £12,000 loan i had been paying around £250 a month including PPI,When i topped up my final payment was £13000,this i know PPI was included,I have since cancelled the PPi as i was misinformed i required it, How tdo i go about claiming back the PPI i had been paying for 2 years plus the final payment,IMO it must run into at least £2000. Going to go to black horse today and find out,But really is a lot of money and dont want to mess up,Is there a letter i can download in templates?

many thanks john

You will need to have all of the information to start with so if it were me I'd start with a SAR http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-r-subject-access-request.html

(that is of course as long as you don't already have all the statments, settlement breakdown and contracts).

Once you have all the info you can then send off the mis-selling letters template letters can be found in the first post of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

You will need to identify the reasons you feel you were mis-sold (e.g you were self employed, you already had a medical condition, you were unemployed, they insisted you had to take it out etc etc)

Hope that helps start you off! I would also suggest you have a read around the PPI forum particularly in the stickies at the top as there is alot of helpful information to assist you along the way!