style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all....... ANY ADVICE???????

I bought a citreon C3 from car craft merseyside on 22/05/08, I had been driving it for 2 hours when the service light and engine warning light came on.

I rang car craft and took it in the next day telling me they would do a free MOT, and would you believe it the clutch needs replacing and the exhaust CAT......But wait for it.....it passed its MOT after 4 hours of waiting!!!!

They told me i could take it home and they would order in the parts. Now i have completely lost faith in this car plus i have two young children whose safety is my main priority and i have finance to pay for a car that is just sat up my driveway.

Can any anyone give me any advice PLEASE..........:sad: oh and the engine warning light is still on!!!!

You should take the car back and reject is as 'not of merchantable quality or fit for purpose', that purpose being driving it.

The cost of replacing the clutches and the cat makes it very unlikely that this would be done and you will have the same trouble further down the road.

Was the MoT a sweetener as it has nothing to do with the warning lights.

I would definately not accept repairs at such an early stage, so demand your rights. You need to quote the sale of goods act (as amended) which states that the buyer has 'for a short time' the right to reject. I think two hours is a short enough time.

The new regulations of Unfair Trading are now in force, have a read and see if any of these can be applied as well.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/146460-consumer-protection-unfair-trading.html

Edited by Conniff
  • Haha 1

The new regulations of Unfair Trading are now in force, have a read and see if any of these can be applied as well.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/146460-consumer-protection-unfair-trading.html

The new regulations apply from 27th May - a week after the car was purchased. They are not retrospective.