PCN But should I appeal??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all and a total newbie so please be gently with me.....

As it states got a PCN today (well my son did) for parking in the highstreet.Guilty as charged and like most 19yr olds totally flipant about it.Serves him right most will say and so did I...........BUT............on reading the PCN they have put the car details down incorrectly.

The enforcement officer has put down on the ticket that it is a 'renault' 'black' in colour with the correct registration number blah blah blah and the number from the tax disc is blah blah blah

But clearly stated on the back , the front and on the tax disc is the actual make of the vehicle which is a 'citroen'

I know he is bang to rights but living in this totally mad PC world he has made a mistake but so has the officer for not being able to read and if they have got photo evidence of the tax disc it says citroen right accross it.....

I thought I would make the appeal on the grounds of 'a pcn is only valid to the vehicle indicated on it and it can not be rectified after issue unless done so at the time of the contravention'

Well the PCN is for a renault and not a citroen so what do you think his chances are??

Cheers

Sideboards.

Hi to all and a total newbie so please be gently with me.....

As it states got a PCN today (well my son did) for parking in the highstreet.Guilty as charged and like most 19yr olds totally flipant about it.Serves him right most will say and so did I...........BUT............on reading the PCN they have put the car details down incorrectly.

The enforcement officer has put down on the ticket that it is a 'renault' 'black' in colour with the correct registration number blah blah blah and the number from the tax disc is blah blah blah

But clearly stated on the back , the front and on the tax disc is the actual make of the vehicle which is a 'citroen'

I know he is bang to rights but living in this totally mad PC world he has made a mistake but so has the officer for not being able to read and if they have got photo evidence of the tax disc it says citroen right accross it.....

I thought I would make the appeal on the grounds of 'a pcn is only valid to the vehicle indicated on it and it can not be rectified after issue unless done so at the time of the contravention'

Well the PCN is for a renault and not a citroen so what do you think his chances are??

Cheers

Sideboards.

What was the contravention

About as much chance as I have in winning the lottery. The car make is not required on the PCN and is not really relevant if the rest of the PCN is correct, you could argue the car is actually a peugeot or that a seat is a VW or simply change car badges to avoid PCNs if it were important. If it was a black volvo and the PCN said a pink mini it would stand a chance but sad to say you are grasping at straws.

Oh well it was worth asking the question........

I had a FPN last year first one ever and when I questioned the code which was for driving over waste land the copper had wrote on the notes section of the ticket 'parked with all four wheels off the ground'

After laughing so much it gave me a hernia the ticket was scrapped so it can work with incorrect wording.

Cheers

Sideboards

About as much chance as I have in winning the lottery. The car make is not required on the PCN and is not really relevant if the rest of the PCN is correct, you could argue the car is actually a peugeot or that a seat is a VW or simply change car badges to avoid PCNs if it were important. If it was a black volvo and the PCN said a pink mini it would stand a chance but sad to say you are grasping at straws.

I won £50 on a scratch card the other day.icon7.gif

Post more details of the ticket or even scan it in.

@nero12

It was for contravention code 01

Parked in a resticted street during prescribed hours

One other thing I have just noticed is that the observed from and observed to parts are blank???

Or is it that it was parked at all so it goes on the contravention time.......

Wriggling but not squashed yet....LOL.......

Cheers

Sideboards

Parking on a yellow line is an instant contravention no observation is required. Any observation is to see if loading is taking place if the CEO is satisfied it was not and recorded it in his notes that is all that is required.

What about lines, signs and traffic orders.

Last grasp......................

Did he record it in his notes.......?????........and if he didn't could we say.......we were .....erm..........unloading.......

Cheers

Sideboards

Last grasp......................

Did he record it in his notes.......?????........and if he didn't could we say.......we were .....erm..........unloading.......

Cheers

Sideboards

write to the LA

state that to assist with your representations could you please have the traffic order for the street in question, the poket book notes of the attendant regarding the pcn , and to treat this as a freedom of information request if need be.

When you get the info check that the traffic order matches the on street restrictions you can also check the attendants notes.

You can then make an informal appeal with the info available.