Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3785 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

the alleged account you mean? er, just under six years, I am a little concered that cabs recent activity might have prolonged the default which is showing as being over five years old, nice to hear from you btw noomil

the S10 notice I served, was ignored, and the ICO decided that as I had provided the OC with permission (on the application for credit form, not a CCA), to share my data - that by virtue cabs had the right to process my information

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, maybe I'll just sit on it for a bit. I was thinking of contesting the default as it has only recently affected my credit...I think...

I wonder if there's a way to find out when they defaulted me with the cra's? Surely if its a recent thing - then as the alleged account is still in dispute they would have done so illegally?

The default date has no relevance as regards a debt becoming statue barred.

It becomes SB 6 years after you last paid/and or made written acknowledgement of the alleged debt ;)

Just sit tight and dont them anything or admit any debt.

:)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• 9 months later...

Oh dear me,

I appear to have upset somebody in Kent.

Either that or their verticle smile has turned back into a frown!

Apprently Cabo have only just bought this debt (as of a month ago), and have now started their campaign of doorstep junkmail anew.

I am now some six or so letters back into the merry-go-round, right from the start.

Should I:

a. start to use their complaints proceedures, again, bearing in mind that to my mind the account is still in dispute (no legitimate CCA still), and they still haven't given me a satisfactory answer...

b. ignore them and hold out for SB in four months time.

c. wait for them to take the game on to the next level.

I'm curious naturally, as I would have thought that by now, if the debt was in fact legitimate, that they would have taken me to court for the money already?

Isn't it therefore a little immoral just letting the interest rack up on this?

What's another few months? Collect their letters and make a colage out of them :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Cabot's must be hurting to try and enforce these nearly SB accounts. Of course this is normal action with them, they wait until the time is nearly up and then add all the interest they think they can claim.

hiya

just found this thread and am subbing if i may please

learned lots already from info here cheers to all

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Cabot have been chasing me for some 7yrs now, unfortunately I started to pay them so my debt still has 3yrs until stat barred…

I just ignore the threats, they’ve passed my account to FIRE and they’re on my case, I fear they’ll have me in court soon, but we’ll see.

They’ve also kindly added around 8k in charges and interest which is nice of them.

Keep the faith, ignore and let them make all the moves, letter tennis doesn’t help, they’re persistent if nothing else.

Good luck, plenty in the same boat :wink: