NCO asking for more money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone...For the past year i have been paying NCO for a debt i owe, The other day i recieved a phonecall from them saying i had to raise my payment..i said i couldnot and they replied that they would have to stop the payment arrangment and take me to court for the debt....

I've been payingthem £10..they said the lowest they could take would be £100...

Iwas thinking what ishould do now...just continue to pay them the £10 or send them a CCA.....so could i send them a CCA even though i'vebeen paying them for the past year and a half ?

They are trying it on

They don't decide how much you can afford, you do. you vcan either continue to pay them what you have agreed, or even write to them telling them you have to reduce the amount to £1 a month. taking you to court is always an option, but remember they would have to produce the agreement that they are supposed to be enforcing.

send them a CCA, at the very least it will make them aware that you know your rights, it also makes them prove that they have a right to collect the debt