Parking Contravention Athena ANPR Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is one of the reasons they rely on wording that is similar to the wording of offences under the Road Traffic Act. It gives a cloak of respectability and purpose to their taradiddles.
If the word Penalty isn't used, then bin it ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also got one of these letters from ATHENA ANPR regarding my overstay at a Lidl Carpark. From what I have read the general process is a chain of letters firstly from the parking company, followed by a supposed debt collector, followed by a supposed solicitor. I am only on letter #1 at this point and am curious, should one consider the 'NO CONTRACT - RETURN TO SENDER' option on the letters ?

I look forward to reading a reply.

Itsme !!

• 1 month later...
Sosp73, Are you planning on paying this unlawful invoice? If so, it is waste of time appealing no matter what these cowboy companies will not listen to your appeal. Only want the £££'s.

If you are planning to appeal then don't bother with the above letter, an appeal means your admitting the contravention, and then you end up paying it.

Send that letter, do NOT send any money, do NOT tell them who was driving, do NOT send them any other "documents" that these people may request.

Hi i received an invoice today.if zoomed in can see driver is me . Do i still ignore like all the comments say ?

• 2 months later...

Hi all,I wanted to join because I found all advise on here excellent,and wanted to put my side over.

I also have a letter from this company,the person driving isn't me,I think I will just email them this and tell them I will not be responding to any letters from them,and will ignore anything else sent from them.

And also to any who are worried,dont be they really have no grounds to take this further. I did the same about a year ago after adcise from a similar company called UKPC.

They used exactly the same tactics,even in an act of desperation twice reducing the amount I pay if I paid now.

I ignored all and have heard nothing since.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work for this rip off firm. All warden MUST reach their targets otherwise they are sacked. All ukpc wardens get a bonus for tickets they issue. The payments were as follows. 20 to 30 = £2.00 per ticket. 30 to 40 = £3 per ticket. 40 to 50 = £4 per ticket. 50 onwards is £5 per ticket. As you can see a warden can earn a lot of money while it lasts. The company would tell us to issue ghost tickets which means we issue a ticket to a car. Take all the photos then remove the ticket. This means the driver never knows about the ticket until he or she gets a letter demanding £90. of course they have missed the time to pay £50 within fourteen days because the ticket was removed. Also we were told to hide to get tickets. We were told to ticket for no blue badge on the dash even though we could see it in the door well. The company would cancel the ticket when they seen a photo copy of the badge BUT would charge the driver £15 admin fee. We were told to take photos at a certain angel when a car was over the white line. This was to make it look worse should the driver appeals. We were told NEVER to advice anyone that they can appeal to POPLA because it costs ukpc £23 for this appeal. My advise NEVER PAY A PENNY TO THESE CONMEN. THE TICKET IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS PRINTED ON

well that's 4 companies you supposedly worked for....

time to go play elsewhere me thinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

This advice seems as though it might be out of date. I sent the letter as suggested and had a reply stating that Schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms (joke?) Act 2012 (POFA) says that action can be taken against the keeper of the vehicle. I think for a 'free' shopping car park a £90 fine is unacceptable. They should give the option of paying for extra time. Any other advice?

@ Martin - I can't believe anybody on this forum has advised you to send these jokers anything that improves on Anthrax. When I last posed on this topic, the unanimous advice was IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE. I'd be very surprised if that advice no longer holds true. Giving them the time of day alone is too much info. Don't do it.

I ignored a ticket from this outfit that my son picked up whilst driving my car, and as expected I got the usual range of threatening letters, including several 'Finals'. I was even offered a discount on the Final Final! What a joke. Seriously mate, don't waste any more of your time with these jokers. I assume you have better things to do this time of the year?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks