Jump to content

complaining about a district judge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


Can anyone advise if there is a procedure whereby you can complain about a distric judge?


The SAR - is this a valid request fot any type of debt?


Thanks in advance--- as a result of this forum i am now slowly trying to sort myself out and not be intimidated by the system

Link to post
Share on other sites



Found this...........


Complaints about judges, members of small tribunals or coroners

If you want to complain about the personal conduct of a judge, member of a small tribunal or coroner you should write to the Office for Judicial Complaints by post or email. If for any reason you are unable to make your complaint in writing, please telephone us and we will be pleased to help you.



Alternatively, write to us by post or by email making sure you include the following information:


your name, address and telephone number

the name of the judge / tribunal member / coroner, the court / tribunal hearing centre, the number of the case, the date of the hearing

specific details about the grounds of your complaint

Send your complaint to:


The Office for Judicial Complaints

4th Floor, Clive House

Petty France

London SW1H 9HD


Tel: 020 7189 2937

Fax: 020 7189 2936

Minicom: 020 7189 2941




Your complaint should be made as soon as possible and in any event, no later than 12 months after the incident that you wish to complain about.


If your case or your appeal is ongoing, we will not be able to consider your complaint until the case is closed; but you should still let us know about your complaint as soon as you can.







Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites


many thanks so far---

my main question ( i probably have no grounds anyway but worth a try)-- is the distric judges decision:


All i wish to know is for why the judge did not even bother discussing my plans for repayment of arrears--- i had fully completed all forms showing a full income/expense and also proposals on how my income would also be increasing and alsothe fact that i have also been paying a little off the arrears each month...the judge did not address any of the above and instead granted an immediate possession order..


so i want to know that can some individual simply make a decision to make myself & children homeless without even at least offering any sort of reasons ( other than the £3950 arrears)---

I was led to belive that the goverment housing minister had made a statement sometime back for th courts/lenders to show leinency and also that legal representation is to be made available for ALL repossession cases..


Please can someone advise---as you've probably gathered i am still very bitter about what happened on May 14th---

this forum has certainly helped to keep my sanity but i cannot comprehend how the judgeconducted my repossession hearing especially about not even being asked what my plans were to repay arrears


thank you again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactley right, the judges decision and conduct are two totally different things


i think the best thing you can do is seek legal advice from either the CAB or (i prefer) thye Bar Pro Bono Department Home if the judge acted in error of the law, or his decision was ,or had the appearance that he had taken leave of his senses then you may have grounds for Judicial review, you may be able to also rely upon the Human Rights Act article 6 the right to a fair trial as well, to be honest without being party to the case its hard to say what ground you have, that is why i say seek legal advice as you may be surprised what can be done

Link to post
Share on other sites



I've just been on the website and you need a solicitor or an advice agency (CAB etc) to apply on your behalf - they can download the application form, but will need all of your paperwork so they can guage whether or not they can help you - they will only consider your case if you are NOT entitled to legal aid and you cannot afford to pay.


Hope that helps




Please note I have no legal training - the information I have has been gleaned from too many hours on this site! :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Sign my petition...


Petition to: install tamper-proof recording of all evidence and make immediate copies available to all parties in a case for a nominal fee. | Number10.gov.uk



We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to install

tamper-proof recording of all evidence and make immediate

copies available to all parties in a case for a nominal fee.


In my experience, a single digital recording is made to the

Judge's pc. In many cases the judge has access to this digital

file after an application for an Appeal has been made, which

may show them in a bad light. In this day and age it would be a

very simple technical and procedural matter to remove the

possibility of tampering with the spoken evidence BEFORE it is

sent off to a licensed transcription agent - either by a

simultaneous recording to a 'black box' or a copy being made

and signed off by all parties at the close of the Hearing.


In addition, an immediate electronic copy of the file could be

distributed to all parties to reduce, at least, any

disagreement about the content of an order which is not written

and agreed directly afterwards. So saving further costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...