Advice on house

warwicklad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, just after some advice from those older and wiser than me, just got myself into a bit of credit card debt problems which i dont think im going to be able to get on top off for a few years...is it worth me trying to chang the ownership of my property to a friend or relative to prevent any charging orders in th future...although they would be a long way off.

i owe about £20,000 - and own my flat worth £120000 which i owe £40000 on. my plan was to change ownership (sell) my flat to my parents - stash the cash - then offer low settlements to my debtors...any advice would be so so grateful. thank you anyone.

There's no need to go to such extremes. Companies would need a CCJ (County Court Judgement) before going for a charging order anyway.... If you maintain token payments on all accounts, then it reduces them going for a CCJ anyway, since the amount that you'd be ordered to repay by a court wouldn't be higher than you could genuinely afford.

Providing you don't bury your head in the sand and respond to all letters instead of shoving them in a drawer (not 'phone calls... ignore those), then you'll be ok. In other words, come back on CAG if anyone starts to get sh*tty with you... lol !

:)