Refund of Faulty/Damaged Items refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a CPU from a well know online store and the item was fautly so i got an RMA number and sent it back (it was collected by the stores couriers)

now my item went missing for 2 weeks and they first claimed it got delivered to the wrong address

after they finally received the items they rejected the returns on the grounds that the CPU had physical damage (they said the heat spreader isn't attached)

i tried to explain that it didn't show any physical damage when i sent it back and that the damage could have occurred while the parcel was missing for 2 weeks

they then backtracked and said the parcel wasn't missing and it was at the depot during the 2 weeks

i don't believe them because as soon after the item was collected i tracked it and it was showing and delivered and signed for and why would that be if its been at the depot the whole time

what are my rights in this case

Insist that there was no damage when it was collected from you and the driver signed without noting any damage.

Send a copy of the tracking to discredit there story asking why it shows delivered to them but they are claiming it was at the depot.

Is it an intel chip and if so did you send it back with the plastic cover?

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

it is an intel chip

the store provided me with some pictures and the box is in absolute tatters

it wasnt like that when i sent it off

what are my chances of getting a refund

ive tried arguing with them but they wont budge will i need to take some kind of legal action

Cheap chip or a pricey chip ?!

You could argue that if you're a regular customer, you'll now be thinking of taking your custom elsewhere. If they're really "well known", you could try adding some "I wonder what people will think of this" to your letter/e-mail. If you have solid proof that the item was back at their premises in good time and that the driver signed for it in good condition, then I think they'll cave in.

It's funny how many stores have their "un-checked" T+Cs when signing for stuff, but hate it when it's used against them :)

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

Claim against the couriers imo, as the problem seems to be with them its not the retailers fault that the box was damaged.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

How much of this exchange have you got in writing?

Claim against the store. It is their courier.

On reflection (and I should have posted this 2 days ago) I agree with BankFodder in the sense of its their courier so it would be them who had the contract with them.

thanks for all the help but its kind of resolved now

the manufacturer has agreed to replace the item

I'm still annoyed tho and don't want the store to get away with it :mad: