• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First Plus and the FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

My wife and I are new to the site and are now in the process of waiting for the FOS to deal with our complaint about First Plus and PPI.

We are wondering if anyone else has gone down this route and if so with what success as this is new terratory for us and if we fail at this hurdle where do we go next.

If you need any info in particular that has got us to this stage we are happy to oblige:)

Hi, littleton.

Here's the PPI successes, not sure if FOS are in there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/88004-ppi-successes.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hello littleton,

Please see this link for FOS rulings.

issue 62 - mortgage endowment complaints – capping where the policy remains linked to a mortgage

The link was provided by hellhasnofury

I cannot say if any of the success stories were people using the CAG forums,

Good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello Braveheart,

We were watching a programme back in February called I think Martins money. So we started looking into PPI further and got a set of standard letters off his website.

We sent the first one to First Plus towards the end of March of this year stating we believe we had been misold for the following reasons.

1. The salesperson did not sell us the policy in our best interests as we did not realise thre policy would only cover me for 5 years and that we would be paying for 20 years.

2. Therefore we questioned whether or not the salesperson was financially qualified.

We then got a standard reply off someone called Silver, who stated the usual of no irregularities and a copy of our signeed agreement. Which does show it all lumped together with a small quote of optianal insurance. But by the time you get the paper work to sign you feel obliged to sign or you will not get the loan.

However as he had not answered our questions we sent the next letter giving him 14 days to reply or we we would go to FOS.

We then had another letter saying it would be looked at again and they would reply in due course. But we had one back a few days later saying they would cancel our policy and give us back £917 less admin fees but we would not be able to claim our £7,500 pounds back next Febuary, and no mention of adjusting our payments accordingly.

So we have now gone to the FOS.

There is al ittle more detail then this but my wife would have to get all the letters out

so I have done this from memory.

Hope this helps

Littleton

Im not sure about this one, but this is my opinion.

From what I can gather the evidence you need has been given to you i.e. they have not made it clear how much PPI you will be paying on the agreement, can I ask is it clear on the agreement how much the PPI is and is it clear that you will be paying interest on it?

Also when did you take out the loan & did you complete a demands and needs statement?

Will try to help if i can.

Hello Adamski,

The PPI was added onto the loan with a total monthly payment under it with a total interest charge. We took this out in Febuary 2003. Not sure what you mean about a needs and demand statement. However in our complaint to the FOS we have stated that we do not know how much our PPI payment is each month

Hello everybody,

My wife and I are new to the site and are now in the process of waiting for the FOS to deal with our complaint about First Plus and PPI.

We are wondering if anyone else has gone down this route and if so with what success as this is new terratory for us and if we fail at this hurdle where do we go next.

If you need any info in particular that has got us to this stage we are happy to oblige:)

Hi ,

My wife & I are just starting out against FirstPlus any advice or direction will be appreciated.

Having asked for settlement figure and they are quoting in all the small prints that they are are entitled to charge the full interest charge on the loan (12 years of it ) plus they will hardly give any refund on the PPI premium of £8k .

Is my first course going to FOS as they ( Shylock's mentors) just quote the Consumer Credit regulations 2004 & Consumer Credit Act 1974

Hello and Welcome, annbruce.

It would be advisable to start your own thread in this Forum :)

Just Copy & Paste.

You will get more help with your claim, at the moment your post is 'lost' in this thread ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Braveheart,

Our complaint went in just e few days after that date but we have had an aknowlegement letter with a foot note that they have had a lot of enquirey's. So I assume they will deal with ours in due course.

Edited by littleton

Hi littleton, i have just posted a thread about ppi and first plus and like yours the loan did state the payment amount you would pay for the ppi and then when you cancel it early its only reduced by a minimal amount...ours loan only being reduced by £24 when the ppi monthly repayment is £158...so how do they work that one out? I'm not sure i could prove that we were missold but i'll be interested in your case so i'll keep watching....good luck with the fos