DPA letter sent so let's see what they come back to me with

barriejohn69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent the DPA request rather than the phonecall to request statements on Friday so I will keep everyone posted on my progress. I'm not holding out much hope of receiving anything other than the letters that everyone else has received but who knows.

To be continued ................

You will get a standard reply - just be patient and follow step by step guide

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

£10 should get you everything including bank statements. You should point this out to them. They are telling you porkies.

Just sent another letter with the cheque reminding her of her fiduciary duty and basically that she was a bit in the wrong. I did want to tell her to have a look at the site to brush up on her knowledge but resisted.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my statements from NW quite quickly to be honest. Strangely they gave me two copies of the first handfull of statements. I have calculated the charges etc and it is around £250. In some ways I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to a possible windfall but in other ways it shows that I was possibly better at managing my money than I thought.

Either way, my next letter is ready to go.

Also, I contacted the ASA about the "direct line to branch" advert. They said that some smaller branches put you through to an automated service which was what mine did. Even though mine is the main city centre branch !

Right, had the standard letter back saying that they see the charges as fair and against the background blah blah blah. Is the next step to go through the courts? I have signed up to the moneyclaim website so if this is the next step I'll be on it tonight. Also, do I have to wait the remainder of the 14 Days I allowed for a reply before I commence the next step?

Thanks in advance

Did you actually get a DPA and did they charge for it? I'm only asking as a lot of people are requesting a DPA and just getting statements and no details of any manual intervention (or statement to say there wasn't any) as requested in the DPA. I only ask as details of manual intervention seen rather important as this is the detail Natwest used in Court when they won.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

This is the thing, they have not taken the £10 and just sent the statements. Should i send them a gentle reminder about my DPA request or just wait until the 40 days is up. It was only when I saw this on the forum that it twigged about the £10 and manual intervention. Any thoughts on whether to wait or to go for the courts?

I sent this letter and will be writing again soon as I still haven't had my cheque cashed:

Dear Ms Tudor

Re: Data Protection Act 1998 SAR for Account *******

I write to you with regards to your letter dated 10th March 2006 in response to my Disclosure Request under the Data Protection Act.

I will require a Full Subject Access Request and enclose authorisation from Mr ******* for you to proceed and provide the details requested in my letter dated 9th March 2006.

I would also like to remind you that you do have a fiduciary duty towards me under which you are obliged to exercise the utmost care in the accuracy of the complete list of transactions and charges I requested in my previous letter relating to my bank account for the past 6 years.

This is to include any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please confirm this in your response to this request.

I have enclosed a cheque for £10 for the full SAR and would like to remind you that you have 40 days in which to comply.

Yours sincerely

Ex CAG helper ^_^

I sent that one, then they sent me the statements. After this I sent the "please give me back my money or else" letter and today received the "against this background". The thing is I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm probably better waiting the 40 days and seeing if I get the DPA info. Is it 40 days from when I sent the cheque or 40 days from when it clears? If it is the latter then they will just hold onto it knowing them.

Just read your thread. I think I'll give her a ring and bug her for a bit. See if between us all we can get some joy from Joyce. I think I'll just wait 40 days from when I sent the cheque then complain and then sue the swines

Cool, its so annoying thought cos I have the exact figure and could really send the prelim letter but have been advised to wait and see what the actual DPA says.......................... I'm so impatient!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Glad you got the DPA info. Not intending to hi-jack your thread at all but Nat West are WAY past the 40 days on my statements and still nothing - even though they have written to me twice saying they are chasing my request!

I'm probably asking the same question here, but if the DPA 40 days starts from the cashing of the cheque, what's a reasonable time to wait for them to cash the cheque? It's been about 3 weeks now.

Just had another letter off the lovely Joyce asking for authorisation from my wife to issue the DPA and to say that they had received my cheque. I sent the letter and cheque on March 16th so do I have to start my 40 days again from now or carry on from when I sent the cheque? My account was only made a joint account in September last year so surely they can give me the DPA info up until then without authorisation, then the remainder when I send the letter tonight.

All in all just wondering when I have to start my 40 days from.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the DPA information today, going to go through it tonight then go on the moneyclaim website. I'm assuming the website is idiot proof. I have registered on it but left it at that as I was waiting for the DPA info. It's only £250ish that I'm claiming for but it will come in handy. I'll keep you all updated.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks