Morgan Stanley/Goldfish

manc1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI Manc

What is the latest?

Our account has been passed to Moorcroft who claim to be 'agents' or 'instructed' by BARCLAYCARD and have served notice of 'intended litigation'

Still awaiting SAR response

BTW received same DN as you from Mercers, on Big.Sid's thread 'barclaycard/mercers - is this right' advice was given that the DN is invalid as Barclaycards name and full address is missing, just for info!

• 6 months later...

3 Letters recently fromk Pinnacle, who I am assuming are from the saem office as Apex.

Any advice welcome on these, Thanks

goldfish_pinnacle1001.jpg

goldfish_pinnacle2001.jpg

goldfish_pinnacle3001.jpg

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

I have seen the first 2 letters on another thread, but I think I am the first to post the 3rd one.

Am wondering if they will actually carry out their threats????

I have seen the first 2 letters on another thread, but I think I am the first to post the 3rd one.

Am wondering if they will actually carry out their threats????

There are lots of 'mights', 'maybe', etc in these letters. It doesn't mean that they won't take legal action but it does make you ask why they haven't just steamed in and done it.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

There are lots of 'mights', 'maybe', etc in these letters. It doesn't mean that they won't take legal action but it does make you ask why they haven't just steamed in and done it.

Fred

That may be true Fred, but in the last letter, it sounded definite, as there are no mays, mights etc

I think the tone of the letters is going up a gear, but they are only designed to put the frighteners on you more so than before. As Fred says, they would have done it well before now if they had the bottle. Which they haven't.

• 1 month later...

I have had similar letters in the past from the MS/Goldfish brigade and I have heard nothing, not a dicky bird for absolute months.

I would love to get this off my back so do I leave them alone or do I offer a F&F or how does it become 'statute barred' does this still show on my credit after 6 or 12 years?

What is everyone else doing at this point? What is suggested?

It is six years from when the default happened (unless you have made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing since then).

The debt will still exist but it will be statute barred and although debt colectors can write and say it exists there's little they can do if you refuse. Watch out for DCAs trying to make out SB debts are still collectable - they aren't.

• 10 months later...

Almost a year on and Pinnacle have sent me the first letter that appears in post 80, but with updated dates.

I will await the next one in a few days time :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As mentioned on another thread.

Upon checking my wife's credit file, Barclays have changed her status to deceased ????

This seems to have been done back in 2009

The account will become SB'd in May next year, so not sure if I want to rock the boat

Although this will presumably be an issue if she needs to apply for credit elsewhere as I am aware of lenders chasing the deceased for repayment but not opening new accounts for them.

If she doesn't intend applying for any new credit in the interim, I would agree with the leave well alone until SB'd

Although this will presumably be an issue if she needs to apply for credit elsewhere as I am aware of lenders chasing the deceased for repayment but not opening new accounts for them.

If she doesn't intend applying for any new credit in the interim, I would agree with the leave well alone until SB'd

SB'd ?

Wazzat ?

I believe it is 6 years since your last payment/acknowledement of account with them

In principle, a debt cannot be enforced after 6 years from the date upon which it became due.

The 6 years runs from the last time that the debt was acknowledged in any way or from the last time that a payment was made towards the debt.

Once a debt has lapsed, it cannot be revived - even through a subsequent acknowledgement or payment.

The relevant law is contained within the Limitation Act 1980.

In respect of bank charges claims or PPI claims, you have 6 years to claim from the date on which you could reasonably have discovered that you should not have been paying the money.

For bank charges claims you can claim as far back as 1st Jan 1995.