Extended warranties - have you bought one recently or are you about to buy one?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The new Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs (CPUT) 2008 lists amongst the prohibited commercial practices, the selling of rights which people already have in law. (Sch.1 para.10)

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 No.

This prohibition could be applied to extended warranties which very substantially mimic the rights of all consumers of goods or services under existing consumer law.

I would be very interested to read accounts from anyone who has recently bought extended warranties or is considering doing so.

It would be interesting to see copies of the blurb used to sell them and also the receive accounts of any claims or sales pitches made by retail personnel when selling these warranties.

I used to work for a company that actually sold these warranties over the phone. I havent actually got the script but I can remember quite a bit about what the blurb was etc so i would be happy to help - Mrs R

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Mrs R, Thanks for your response. I'd be very interested to see your version of the "blurb". Also, were you cold-calling? Who was it on behalf of and how did they get the details of the customer.

Also was there any other advice/tips given to you in any training you might have been given as part of the job.

You might prefer to do this by private email. Let me know and I'll contact you with details.

I would be happy to provide that information but would rather do that by email if thats ok? thank you!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

I've sent you a private message