Cabot Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My husband sent off a CCA request to Cabot who took over a debt off The Bank of Scotland for a Credit card, the CCA request was sent over a year ago, we have never received a copy of the agreement they just keep sending us copies of the statements.

We havn't heard anything from Cabot for a few months and that was when we received copies of statements, on Friday however, my husband received a letter saying that they had performed a routine review of accounts, and note that they have not received further information from us to resolve our dispute.

What do you think we should do now, should we respond or just ignore the letter? they say in the letter that the account is on hold for a further 14 days so we can contact an advisor and discuss repayment.

The other thing we are worried about is, the letter says amount outstanding £3028.69, but the last letter we can find off them with an amount on was dated January 2007 and says he owes £2603.07. We sent the CCA request off to them on 23 February 2007, as far i was aware they could not add interest whilst it is dispute or am i wrong? if so they are obviously still adding interest.

This has been going on for over a year now and all they seem to do whenever we ask for a copy of the CCA is send out copy statements. We feel like we are banging our head against a brick wall, so if anyone could give us some advice we would be most grateful.

Thanks Hayley

The CCA request was sent a year ago, you said..... wasn't asking when you opened the account.

Stella's got me.... lol

:D

LOL, i have had a hard day, i thought you asked if i still had a copy of the signed agreement, i have just re-read and i see it says request doh!!!

Yes, i do still have a copy of the request, i dont know whether i have the recorded delivery slip, i probably have somewhere. I do have a letter off Cabot though acknowledging the request.

Ok, that'll do. Send the following by rec. delivery and keep a copy along with the receipt.

Dear xxxx

Your ref xxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

A request for a true copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974) was sent to your company on xx/xx/xx, followed by a letter from yourselves confirming its receipt.

As you are now in serious default of a legal request, any further attempts to secure payment on a dispute account will be forwarded to the relevant authorities without any further notice, along with your most recent letter.

I look forward to your confirmation that on this occasion, you have made a genuine mistake and your files are now closed.

Yours sincerely/faithfully

:p