Godiva500

Godiva500vRBS Credit Card

Hi

I wrote RBS CC asking for account details, and I received the copy statements today. There are a couple of things I am not sure about.

On them are four different charges -

Overdaft Fee

Late Payment Fee

Convenience cheque fee

Unpaid convenience cheque fee.

Am I able to claim for them all?

Thanks for anyones help on this.

Regards

Vicki

Overdaft Fee Yes

Late Payment Fee Yes

Convenience cheque fee Don't think so. I assume this is one of those nasty fake cheques they send out for you to use. In which case this is a service, so no

Unpaid convenience cheque fee. Yes

Hi

Just to note for interest. I had my statement from RBS cc today.

The note at the bottom now states that from 28th June 2006, default fees charge has now been reduced to £12.00 :D

Whooo hooo - about time!!

Regards

Vicki

I think you about 3 days aheaed of me! will keep reading this thread.

Hi

I had a response today from RBS stating they have reduced their charges now to £12.00, and that previous charges will stand.

I assume I need to take out court action now. I know its only £301 but thats alot of money to me. I am not sure what else to claim for either, and how to work out any interest? HEELLPP!! ( sorry to be so pathetic)

I know I must also claim the court fee but its the interest that throws me?

Thanks

Vicki

Hi

Thanks for all the info. RBS have refused any payment and say the charges stand, so am sorting the court claim this weekend to post on Monday.

Thanks will let you know how i get on

Regards

Vicki

Hiya all

Talk about making life difficult!! I have filled in the moneyclaim ok and done all the calculations, but now money claim advised me to take advice on which RBS address to use to serve the claim. They said it should be the registered office which is in Scotland, and as such I cannot go down the moneyclaim route because its not England!! They suggested I took advice before proceeding - so here I am.

Any advice please? Where do i serve my claim to? If it is Scotland how do I make my claim?

Many thanks

Vicki

pls look in the RBS contacts sticky post use the princess st. office in london, or your branch

Kay Stanbridge, Solicitor

Group Litigation, RBS

1 Princes Street

London

EC2R 8PB

AHHHHHH HAAAA!

Royal Bank Of Scotland, Thanet Grange, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6GB,

hi i got a full refund from RBS CC (visa+mastercard) i wrote with the standard LBA fob off letter recieved so i wrote again and they payed in full i used this address REBBECCA HEAD CREDIT DARD OPERATIONS CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTRE PO BOX 6050 SOUTHEND-ON-SEA ESSEX SS99 1WL. good luck

Hi

I tried to post in Litigation started thread but I don't have access?

Court proceedings started 23/08/2006

Amount £301.00

Interest £58.91

Court Fees £50.00

Total £409.91

Case Number - 6QZ57443

THanks

Vicki

Not got the money yet lol. It was Southend on Sea that refused payment so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Vicki

Court Claim was acknowledged on 31/8. Now have to wait 28 days before I can progress further - 28/9. Trouble is they are now charging me £12 overlimit fee, which I wouldn't be if they hadn't taken the overcharges before - you sometimes can't win .....................

Hi again

I meant to ask - if they hadn't taken the charges from my account, (over £400)I would not be over my limit(by £22) - they are charging me £12, which seems to be the agreed amount, but could I claim it back? If so how would I go about that, as I have already started court action.

Thanks

Vicki

Hi again

I meant to ask - if they hadn't taken the charges from my account, (over £400)I would not be over my limit(by £22) - they are charging me £12, which seems to be the agreed amount, but could I claim it back? If so how would I go about that, as I have already started court action.

Thanks

Vicki

Just because they have reduced the charge to £12 doesn't make it legal, they still have to prove that £12 is a fair amount, so yes you can reclaim any charge they make that is a disproportianate penalty.

Hi

Notice received from Northampton County Court today, signed by Kay Majid Solicitor, stating they intend to defend all of the claim.

Got until 28th Sept to do it, so fingers crossed. Hope I am not a test case lol

Vicki

Please fill in your quit date here