Cabot/Ruthbridge/BCW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a year ago I got a spurious letter from Ruthbridge claiming that i owed them £4,916.04 for an alleged debt with Cabot. I was pretty certain the debt is statue barred. I went through the process of writing to them to ask to see all relevant info regarding debt and not admitting to having any indebtedness with anyone. Needless to say all I got back from Ruthbridge was more letters demanding payment and they didnt acknowledge my letters. I never talked to them and eventually the letters stopped.

Recently I got a fromal demand letter from bucahan clark & wells stating i owed them £5,475.53 for apprently the same alleged debt.

Do I have to go through the whole process again and keep going through this process as the alleged debt gets passed around???

Any advice on how to take this one forward would be very much appreciated.

LB

There is a letter in the templates which you can send to a second DCA when the first DCA hasn't come up with docs, it starts off

"I am bemsued as to why ...."

And you can edit it to state when you sent CCA request to original DCA.

You shouldn't have to CCA this lot. Certainly sounds as if the debt is statute barred....

The template letters are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

But the one you want isn't there. This is the one SG means (courtesy of CB):

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Amend to suit, send recorded and DO NOT SIGN, print your name. Keep copies of everything.

Good luck and best wishes.