Please.... help needed with RBS claim!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I successfully managed to get my charges refunded by BoS last year. This claim with RBS is much bigger and just when I was about to start the claim, I was advised to await the outcome of the test case... since I now believe that things have moved on, I am looking for some guidance.

I have a claim of £5700 to put to RBS for charges levied on my account over the past 10 years. The account was closed 2 years ago.

Can someone give me some guidance on how I should proceed.... I have all my statements and have calculated the charges. Who should I claim through? Should I write directly to the bank? As it is over £3000 what should I do?

I really don't want to mess this up! Can't afford to lose the claim - any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I have a claim of £5700 to put to RBS for charges levied on my account over the past 10 years.

I would deal with the claim for the last 5 years first as you may not get more than 5 years back.
Who should I claim through? Should I write directly to the bank?
You need to write directly to the bank in order to give them the opportunity to pay. Only once this is exhausted can you then go to court.

I think you need to take some time to read the FAQ's here

Also have a read through the Scottish Court Procedure in the stickies in this forum.

At the moment any court claim will be sisted in all probability but by entering your claim the limitations clock stops ticking on those charges.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.