Quick question on contracts law

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've tried the stickies but can't lay my hands on it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the case law which specifically rules that a party (eg a driver) cannot enter into a contract on behalf of an absent third party (eg the RK)

I could do with the reference quickly for another problem I have to deal with.

Thanks.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I've tried the stickies but can't lay my hands on it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the case law which specifically rules that a party (eg a driver) cannot enter into a contract on behalf of an absent third party (eg the RK)

I could do with the reference quickly for another problem I have to deal with.

Thanks.

http://www.pepipoo

Pete's sticky was the first place I looked, but it only quotes case law for unlawful penalties and the UTCCR which doesn't answer my question, sorry.

Niel 24103. Why would I want to trawl through the whole of pepipoo when I have so much expertise to ask on this site. I wouldn't have minded if you could have been a little more specific, but to simply point at the whole site was unhelpful and rather pointless.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Pete's sticky was the first place I looked, but it only quotes case law for unlawful penalties and the UTCCR which doesn't answer my question, sorry.

Niel 24103. Why would I want to trawl through the whole of pepipoo when I have so much expertise to ask on this site. I wouldn't have minded if you could have been a little more specific, but to simply point at the whole site was unhelpful and rather pointless.

go to www.pepipoo and pm bama he.ll help you.if you you only new

Privity of contract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The exception would be if the driver were the keeper's agent, e.g. employee.

• Haha 1

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Thank you Zamara.

That was exactly the information that I was looking for.