Detained by police for unpaid PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This illegal practice ceased on 26 July 2008 but only in Greater Manchester and not due to any police action or any realistion on their part that they had acted illegally.

Manchester City Council were made to realise that passing on private information was contrary to the Data Protection Act 1998. Not that MCC themselves stopped passing on private information in their possession to bailiffs but because they were limited to the impression that the bailiffs could not pass on the same info to the police.

Since then the formerly helpful council has failed to answer the question as to why it feels that it is exempt from the Act.

On February 6 2009, Westminster Council and it's bailiffs used the Metropolitan Police to illegally stop and detain motorists.

If anybody knows of other instances please let us know

Thanks for the information. May I ask why you gave up on this one? Is it a dead end or worth me following it up with my local force?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't given up.

Manchester City Council have been sent a number of emails and when I am satisfied that they really have no answer or are avoiding their responsibilities in law, then this will be taken further with or without their co-operation.

I have not been involved with the Westminster incident

I haven't given up.

Manchester City Council have been sent a number of emails and when I am satisfied that they really have no answer or are avoiding their responsibilities in law, then this will be taken further with or without their co-operation.

Perhaps you should be FP

Excellent,

I look forward to seeing some updates in the future

keep up the good work

I haven't given up.