Detained by police for unpaid PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well,

Here at last is the disappointing reply from the Information Commissioners caseworker to my complaint that Greater Manchester Police did not supply the information requested and did not do so within the appropriate timescale.

GMP must hold this information somewhere because otherwise without it they would not have been able to stop and detain a motorist for the non payment of an alleged penalty charge by using their ANPR system.

Perhaps we need to frame our Freedom of Information Act request in a different way; ideas please.

The reply can be downloaded here :- http://www.watchingyou.info/icoreply.doc

PS for some reason this site changes [i.c.o]- into its full title so the link didnt work. I changed the name on the link so it should be OK now.

Edited by watchingyou

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

Here at last is the disappointing reply from the Information Commissioners caseworker to my complaint that Greater Manchester Police did not supply the information requested and did not do so within the appropriate timescale.

GMP must hold this information somewhere because otherwise without it they would not have been able to stop and detain a motorist for the non payment of an alleged penalty charge by using their ANPR system.

Perhaps we need to frame our Freedom of Information Act request in a different way; ideas please.

The reply can be downloaded here :- http://www.watchingyou.info/ico-reply.doc

Link doesnt work

Having read the letter from the ICO, and having taken on board the importance of the office's reliance on it's terms of reference being limited (in the main) to recorded information, perhaps if these questions were asked GMP would have to reveal the relevant details. If I have read the ICO's intended censure correctly - a damn sight quicker than before.

1) When was this operation to stop and detain authorised?

2) Who in GMP authorised it?

3) Who in GMP contacted or was contacted by Marstons to set up the operation?

4) What was the official response from Marstons?

5) Is there any documentation which advised that such an operation was illegal?

6) Is there any record of other similar operations having taken place?

Quite by co-incidence, I have today received a reply to very important question I put to Graham Marsh head of Manchester City Council parking in relation to it's arrangement with Marstons. It takes us a step further in this matter, but I don't wish to make this public at this point as Mr Marsh's answer led the way to more questions.

I'll let the forum know when the matter becomes clearer.

Broon & his cronies are running amok. Don't they know that all to often CCJ are issued without the victim even knowing about it........ They HAVE got to be stopped

Also are they going to offer compensation when they get it wrong as they will as sure as night follows day

• 1 month later...

Complaint regarding the way Greater Manchester Police, Drakes/Marstons Bailiffs and Greater Manchester City Council processed data unlawfully.

Despite making my request to the Information Commissioners Office in writing on 11th February 2009 together with several Email and telephone reminders and supplying all the information necessary for a review of my complaint to take place Helen Ward from the ICO has today sent me a letter asking for their form to be completed she says she has closed the complaint until such times as they receive it back again.

I believe there is nowhere in the rules that say a complaint made to the Information Commissioners Office in writing has to be on their forms using their pre printed form. So long as they have the complaint in writing as they have had, then that is sufficient for an investigation into a complaint so made.

She also asks for copies of correspondence I have had so if anyone has any extra correspondence about this matter they would like to add please send it to me.

The reticence shown by the ICO in asking at this late stage for a form to be filled in with information they already have is reprehensible. I can see the next move coming and she will say she can’t look into this because it’s not MY data. bah

This is a clear indication from the Information Commissioner’s Office which again shows their constant reluctance to investigate Government based entities.

This is the reply located on www.watchingyou.info reply_page_1.jpg

reply_page_2.jpg

Edited by watchingyou

If all the information the form requests has already been clearly supplied it does seem rather 'weird'.

To further the case I would fill in the form regardless.

Page 1 is 'weird' as well. As long as the alleged offence and the practice has ceased it is out of their remit ? ? ?

I must revisit the legislation. many obvious questions, e.g. halfway through an investigation and they find offences are being committed if the culprit stops is that it. case closed no action.

whaat ? ? ?

• 2 months later...

lamma

and have a digital voice recorder in the car and running !!
You can go further...

Have a small vado camera fitted to the front windscreen on two velcro squares, as you travel. Always on. (£45 from argos) takes up to 2 hrs video of what is happening in front of you. If we move slowly towards despotism, as it looks, you may need these things the same as they do, that is called in law, equality of arms.

Just a comment.

Crem

I thought the TEC was a "CENTRE" not a court?
See CPR 75,

TEC is a DEEMED court, with officers ACTING as court officers, and, here's the smart bit, it is a registration POINT. Get the point?

A point in space time eh?

The centre

(1) Proceedings to which this Part applies must be started in the Centre.

(2) For any purpose connected with the exercise of the Centre's functions –

(a) the Centre is deemed to be part of the office of the court whose name appears on the documents to which the functions relate or in whose name the documents are issued; and

(b) any officer of the Centre, in exercising its functions, is deemed to act as an officer of that court.

ACTING is the polysemous word that can be interpreted in ANY sense you like. They have fun with words!

Functions of court officer

(1) The practice direction supplementing this Part sets out the circumstances in which a court officer may exercise the functions of the court.

top_icon.gif

Review of decision of court officer

75.5A

(1)Any party may request any decision of a court officer to be reviewed by a district judge.

(2) Such a request must be made within 14 days of service of the decision.

(3) Unless –

(a) the party requesting the review requests an oral hearing; or

(b) the court orders an oral hearing,

a request for a review under paragraph (2) will be dealt with without an oral hearing.

Edited by Medusa

I did post up a reply to this earlier, but it took 4 days for it to appear:rolleyes: and when it did it found its way into the NHS forum! Lets hope this one gets posted more promptly.

It's necessary to seperate the initial actions of assisting the bailiffs (which has stopped)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when the practice of police assisting bailiffs on roadside checks actually stopped

Thanks

This illegal practice ceased on 26 July 2008 but only in Greater Manchester and not due to any police action or any realistion on their part that they had acted illegally.

Manchester City Council were made to realise that passing on private information was contrary to the Data Protection Act 1998. Not that MCC themselves stopped passing on private information in their possession to bailiffs but because they were limited to the impression that the bailiffs could not pass on the same info to the police.

Since then the formerly helpful council has failed to answer the question as to why it feels that it is exempt from the Act.

On February 6 2009, Westminster Council and it's bailiffs used the Metropolitan Police to illegally stop and detain motorists.

If anybody knows of other instances please let us know

Edited by Fair-Parking