Debt Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

9 threads merged. Please stick to one thread per topic, thank you.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Saintly, I am just a bit stressed, so not sure if I am coming or going :(

I was guarantor for a family member. I believe there is money owed but I was not aware of this until recently as I moved straight after cancelling.

Kal :)

Threads merged, please keep to one thread about the same subject.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi

Could anyone please help me? I have received a letter in from HFO which has really scared me, I do not know what to do. I have scanned it onto this PC but I do not know how to upload it onto here as I am not that clever with PC's.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thanks boy

I have opened an account but it wont let me upload for some reason :(

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I will keep trying so hopefully I will get it. Please heep an eye on this thread to see if I have been successful. Not sure when will manage it as I am in work so using the PC here :)

Thanks again

Threads merged. If you have a read here post#15 tells you how to insert documents

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hopefully this has worked. Letter should be attached

HFO.pdf

According to them I have ignored them, I did not. I sent them a letter telling them I was disputing this and not to contact me other than by letter. They sent me copies of phone bills, but not proof that the debt has been assigned to them!! AS i say only thing I got was copy of the alleged bill.

Dear HFO

I refer to your letter dated XXXXXX the contents of which are noted.

At no stage have you produced ANY proof that I actually owe any money or indeed that you have a LEGAL right to collect same. Please note that any attempt at litigation will be strenuously contested.

Please also be advised that this matter is in serious dispute with 3G telecommunications

yours etc

Thanks ODC, but I have not contacted 3G regarding this as HFO said it is them I contact as of now as they bought the debt.

Should I contact 3G?

Should I send a prove it letter?

Should I send a letter asking for proof of assignment?

Should I send a harassment letter?

If you wish I can upload the letter I sent to HFO regarding this!! Then possibly you can advise me better?

Sorry about all the ???? but I am really worried (suffer from MHP).

Kal

Kal

I am not familiar with your thread - do I understand that you have not been sent copies of the original agreement, default notice or letter of assignment?

If so, I would send a pretty robust reply to the above letter, something along the lines of

Dear Ms Parker

Re Account xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 4 June. You seem to be under the misapprehension that I have ignored your previous correspondnce. I refer you to my letter to you of date pointing out that the account is in dispute.

You say your policy is to pursue debts to resolution, whether amicably or through the courts. I would like to inform you that my policy is to defend unlawful collection activities vigorously and point out that you are acting contrary to s78(6) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as no copy of the executed agreement has been supplied in response to my statutory request under s78(1) of the Act. Also, I have not been sent any defaul notice as required by s87 of the Act.

I also note that you say that your collection strategy is "dynamic and focussed on you", by which I assume you mean it is aggressive and almost cerrtainly illegal. Please be aware that I know my rights, will be keeping detailed records of your activities and will use the full force of ss1-3&5 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, s40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and s127 of the Communications Act 2003 should you transgress any of them.

I hope this makes my position clear.

If you do not understand any part of this letter you should consult a qualified solicitor.

Yours sincerely

Kal

What do you think? Should send them scurrying back into their little holes:p Edited by steven4064

Thanks ODC, but I have not contacted 3G regarding this as HFO said it is them I contact as of now as they bought the debt.

Should I contact 3G? YES

Should I send a prove it letter? The letter Steven posted above is excellent

Should I send a letter asking for proof of assignment? YES

Should I send a harassment letter? See above

If you wish I can upload the letter I sent to HFO regarding this!! Then possibly you can advise me better?

Sorry about all the ???? but I am really worried (suffer from MHP).

Kal

The important thing is not to worry. HFO are trying to bully you into capitulating into paying this alleged debt.

They imply that they would be able to get a judgement against you without even providing some proof such as a written contract that you may have signed with 3G. They have singularly failed to produce any proof which would satisfy the rules of evidence in a court of law. DO NOT be browbeaten by these bullies and their threats which IMHO are bordering on the edge of illegality. You are among friends here and we will help you to defeat these thugs.

Make a formal complaint to HFO, TS and your MP

Many thanks each and all, you have no idea what this means to me. I get so stressed with things easily. I shall post that letter set out by steven (thank you from the bottom of my heart).

I will let you know what response I get from that.

Kal

Just check the details are correct - as I said, i am not familiar with your thread and may have got some details wrong - particuarly whether you received a default notice. If you did receive one, just remove that bit.

As ODC said, don't worry

I have never received a default notice. This is first I have had any contact in 2.5 years
In that case, leave the letter as it is. I've made a small change, I hadn't noticed the letter to you was signed - I think you should address it to that person
  • Haha 1