Injunction advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all need a bit of info on the process of getting an injunction. Here's the story:

Back in 2000 my wife and I took out a joint loan from NatWest for about 10K. in 2003 my life went Ti*s up and were defaulted etc etc. Various DCA's chased both of us. Started paying nominal amounts for the last few years.

In January 08 I decided to cca them (along with everybody else!). And hey presto they wrote to me in feb stating 'As a business decision we have closed the account and will not be pursuing the matter further' no copies of documents not even an attempt to argue their case, no usual bull - nothing.

However the letter was addressed to me only. I wrote to them requesting that they re issue their letter with both our names on it and return my £1 cca fee.

I have subsequently written to them on 3 occassions chasing my request up, but to date they haven't responded.

After some thought I'm considering an application for an injuction to:

Prevent them from pursuing the matter against my wife, or indeed mtself in the future.

I think I need some input as to what my options on this could be.

Edited by jpf104

Hi, I have absolutely no idea what you should be doing regards this. Just bumping your thread to take it to the top of the list :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi firstly i will state that im not legally trained but feel i mite be able to help.

I would do nothing to be honest, keep all your paper work etc and wait, if they choose to start procedding against you then send them back a copy of they letter they have sent you stating that they have closed the account etc and will not chase further.

If they attempt to chase your wife for payment again send back a copy of the letter you have and state that you believe the account is closed as per enclosed letter etc, if they then reply stating that its only closed in your name you should send them a letter back stating that you believe they are breaching the "Treating Customers Fairly Act" (i think its a FSA act but not 100%) and that should they continue to chase you/your wife for payment you will pass this case onto the FOS to look into.

I know it sounds silly but don't attempt to contact them again etc and hope that the 6 year period runs its course.

When was the last time you made a payment ?

Edited by majik

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Providing you keep hold of all paperwork, then the account will remain in dispute through non-compliance of a legal request..... whoever's hands it ends up in.

Without an enforceable Agreement, no-one can do a thing with it.

:)

Majik - Treating Customers Fairly Act? there's no such act. If its an FSA guideline its not law. Although I take your point that should they do somthing in the future I have good grounds to argue my point (again!) but that defeats all I've done to date.

As NatWest have given up (on me) I want to ensure I tie their hands at any attempt to collect on this in the future.

PriorityOne - of course you're right - no agreement end of story. But an injuction would have the effect of nullifying any claim against us by NatWest or any debt buyer.

All I want to do at this stage is look into the mechanics of bringing an injunction.

Thanks PriorityOne and Majik. I'm now formulating a strategy to deal with this matter. I might go down the injunction route (may not have to pay legal costs - I have some very good contacts;)).

I may use the banking code, FOS, FSA or one or other route. Whatever I do I'll get these planks to reply to me.

When I've got an update I'll post again. Ta Ta for now.

Right NatWest - stand by for action!