NHS Hospital - £40 fine story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To keep it short, this is the summary of events this afternoon:

- Parked in 30 min parking @ 14:20

- Left @ 14:45

- Returned to a space 3 along from [email protected] 15:15

- Came back @ 15:40 to find a £40 fine

ALL the signage around the area states that there is a £40 ticket fine and could be a £40 wheel clamp release fee for staying longer than the 30 mins. There is NO mention that you can not return with xx minutes/hours.

I disputed this with the parking warden. I explained the above and he showed me his notepad where my vehicle reg was shown parked in this area @ 14:30 and then @ 15:25 (this was his next check). I tried to explain that if he had done his job properly at 15:00, he would have noticed my car was not there and would have been removed from his book. Given there is no mention of no return, I think this is a joke.

The fine is reduced to £15 if paid within 7 days (from today). After reading other stories on this forum, I feel I shouldn't give in to the bullies as they are in the wrong and not me.

Has anyone had another similar situation? If so, can you suggest a format to a letter to reject this charge?

Thanks

Dan

Check the stickies at the top.

This is a private parking ticket. Since you haven't done anything wrong I would do nothing unless they write to you. Then in this case it is safe to dispute the charge for the reasons you have given.

"I dispute this charge.

Your parking warden should have noticed that the car left the carpark and returned to a different space, which is allowed within the rules.

For avoidance of doubt I absolutely dispute I am liable for this charge, and I look forward to you cancelling the invoice"

Should you receive further letters from "debt collectors" simply write back once and state that you are disputing the debt - they don't have any powers.

You may receive further letters using scary words which you should ignore.

Write to the hospital, and if you don't get anywhere bombard them with relevant FOIR as to why they do not allow mobile phones in the hospital yet the police, security and Porters all use mobile phones or two way radios within the hospital and how many motorist have made complaints about the parking company ask them for a copy of the parking contract between the Hospital and the Company or how close does a mobile phone need to be before it upsets a heart pacemaker (It's actually 3 CM or 1 1/4") or how far away does it need to be from any other equipment before it upsets it (Same measurement 3cm) I know I have the FOIR for it now the Royal Bolton Hospital are gradually removing the no mobile phone signs.