banks has made be go overdrawn

mugabe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a few months ago i got drunk and ended up using my barclays debit card to gamble online, i ended up going about £500 overdrawn and i dont even have an overdraft limit.

I still have a claim with them that was put on hold for about £700.

Do you think that if i phoned them up and offered to drop the claim if they reset my balance to 0 they would accept?

To be honest they should never have let me go that far overdrawn in the first place, there should me measures in place that just stop people going over their limit.

As far as i know because of the test case Barclays aren't likely to settle anything. However, isn't it a bit rich to blame the bank in these circumstances? You should have taken a different account that doesn't let you ever go overdrawn if this was ever likely to be a problem.

a few months ago i got drunk and ended up using my barclays debit card to gamble online, i ended up going about £500 overdrawn and i dont even have an overdraft limit.

I still have a claim with them that was put on hold for about £700.

Do you think that if i phoned them up and offered to drop the claim if they reset my balance to 0 they would accept?

To be honest they should never have let me go that far overdrawn in the first place, there should me measures in place that just stop people going over their limit.

Oh dear on line gambling often ends in tears... but I do know that Barclays seem to allow you to transfer money that you havent got to on line gambling sites (then add on their penalty charges) and yet if you tried to get same money from hole in the wall, it wouldnt let you. I dont think that Barclays would refund all your charges but worth a phone call as I have had on several occasions had up to £100 of charges refunded.

Hi Mugabe,

It is worth calling your branch to see if they'll refund any recent charges on the a/c which arose as a result of your on-line flutter.

If they won't play ball, you could try calling Cust'r Services. It really seems to depend on who you speak to as to whether you get a refund or not.

However, if the a/c is still o/d, they may not refund anything. In which case, you can revise your claim using form N244 (pay a non-refundable fee) when the OFT case is finally sorted and reclaim all charges to date.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

they basically said that because they are two different departments in the same bank that they cant do a deal. I made a repayment plan and they have put my account on hold until it is sorted. Then they suggested that i carry on with my charge claim as i have been but they couldnt do anything about it. Not much more than i expected but at least they are not going to put a default on my credit record now.

Hi Mugabe,

at least they are not going to put a default on my credit record now.

Well that, in itself, is something of a result. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HW23,

You should try to get back under your o/d limit or this may be very expensive. You should also be aware of Barclays new charging system announced this week -

BBC NEWS | Business | Barclays to cut penalty charges

Have you reclaimed any bank charges you have suffered in the last 6 years. If not, you can do so.

Please start your own New Thread here in the Barclays forum and we'll be happy to help or advise you if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
just wanted to know with ur payment play, did u still get bank charges. just im ova mu o/d and they said if i paid £100 a month back, they would charge £90 a month for bank charges.

They have put a temporary overdraft limit on my account while im paying it back which will decrease by £100 every month so i can avoid any more charges