Lowell yet again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

I have been following Lowells exploits on here for a couple of weeks now as they started on me recently for a supposed debt of £5885.10 to Lloyds.

This I know this is a Statute Barred debt as it goes back to before I became severely disabled and had my house reposessed back in 2001.

I have never heard from anyone regarding this debt and have never acknowledged It.

I sent them the 'letter M' and also one refusing them permission to visit me. They do not have my phone number.

Almost immediately I received this reply

We would advise you that the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 is not applicable in your case and would refer you to section 29 (7) which states "...A current Period of limitation may be repeatedly extended under this section by further acknowledgement or payment."

Your last attempted payment date on this account was dated 10th March 2006 for a payment of £126.35.

We would advise you that we have today ordered a copy of the agreement and duplicate statements from our client and these will be sent to you upon receipt.

We trust this clarifies the situation and look forward to receiving your payment proposals.

yours sincerely

Alison Shepherd

Customer Services.

The attempted payment mentioned is a blatant lie.

Just wandered what my next course of action should be against these morons.

10 March 2006 may be the date they 'bought' the debt and/or the point at which there would have been activity.

I would ignore them, but it's better to get a second opinion and see if there are any better ideas on offer. The chances of it going any further are extremely small and if it's statute barred it's statute barred regardless of the BS they try to tell you.

I just noticed the "We would advise you that we have today ordered a copy of the agreement and duplicate statements from our client and these will be sent to you upon receipt." part. If you didn't ask for them, and if you get any mail in the near future that requires a signature, it might be better to just not accept it. Do not give them your usual signature, and needless to say don't call them or give them your telelphone number.

Edited by dannyboy660
small alteration

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Hi ataxian, you are in safe hands on this site, with many scholars with Lowells expertise. I have clicked on report post which should bring your attention to a moderator and some sound advice. If this is not correct I'm sure someone will let me know. A lot of scholars have won against Lowells on this site and one will be with you soon.

Ataxian They tried that ploy with me and failed miserably. What sometimes happens is that when a debt is sold a token payment of say £5 is made just to keep the debt current.

Lowells do not seem to realise that they must PROVE that YOU made the payment. They must prove a debt is NOT Statute Barred. Its not up to you to prove it is.

Dear Idiots.

I have previously informed you that this alleged debt is covered by The Limitation Act 1980 Section 5. You allege that an atempted payment was made in 2006. Please supply me with full details of this alleged payment including time made, location of attempted payment made by whom made and method of attempted payment.

For the avoidance of any doubt I have no knowledge of any such payment or attempted payment being made by me or anyone acting with my authority. Any attempts to pursue this Statute Barred Debt will be strenuously contested.

yours etc

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's been a while since I replied (health issues), but at the moment I have heard nothing more from these idiots.

I will keep you posted if I hear from them again, which no doubt I will.