Personal Contract Hire - Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I really need some advice re my car.

I have a car on personal contract hire. Have had it since July 07 on a 3 year contract. Since then the car has been in for warrenty repairs 4 times, due to go in for the 5th time.

The first time I let it go as I thought these things happen and thats what the warrenty is for. Then Seeing as the problem wasnt sorted (loud pitch squeak from the breaks) I called the broker to ask for help and they insisted that it was MY responsibility, use the warrenty! Me being naive accepted this and took it in the 2nd time, note that everytime the car goes in I have to take time of work, be without a car for howevver long it takes to fix, pay for cabs to and from dealer (no tube near by) and incur mileage for the trips to and fro (10k per annum limit).

After 2nd time, I found the problem came back after a few weeks, so called dealer again, took it in and cost incurred as above! Got it back and guess what??!! probs again this time with an extra noise form the suspension everytime i take a corner and hit a bump/pothole etc. At this point I wrote a email to car company head office and they this time picked up the car from home, dropped of a loan car (insurance at my expense however) and I thought ok lets hope they have taken my complaint seriously this time. Lo and behold problems back and now the dealer have asked for help from the UK technical manager of the car company.

lately whilst reading up on this great forum i twigged that my contract is regulated by the CCA 1974 therfore its the lease company that are liable. I have tried contacting them through the broker, but the broker says they have asked for help and see what happens etc. Note that throught this whole prob (nearly 8 months) i have had very limited use of the vehicle. i have made payments in time and now feel very very downhearted.

My main question is is their anything i can say or do to make lease company help, can i get sum money back for having half a car but paying full payments?! please help, it will be very appreciated!!