MET Windscreen PCN with Incorrect Time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst in Romford yesterday I had a parking ticket placed on my car. The dispute I have though is that may car was not parked at the time that is stated on the ticket.

Firstly I wondered if anyone could advise whether this is grounds to dispute the charge and if so what would be the best way to correspond this to the company.

Also would I be required to provide evidence that I was not parked at the time stated or would I be questioning the accuracy of their technology.

Anyone's help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance...

Then you are in luck, private carparks 'enforced' by private parking companies CANNOT issue you with fines or penalties. the most they can recover from you is the cost (if any) of the parking at that car park.

It matters NOT that they have put the wrong time on the ticket because that ticket is worthless and meaningless.

First off do nothing, do not contact them, let them spend £2.50 getting your details from the DVLA, then write back using the template letter that Bernie The Bolt drafted.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Mossycat

Spanner

Its also worth have a read of the Private Parking Charges Guide. This will explain the legal footing. You'll find it in the stickies section of the forum with the templates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 months later...

Hi Spanner,

How did it all turn out? I've basically had the same experience in Romford with the same company. Did yours work out alright?

What are the chances they will pursue this matter right to the end and go to court? I'm obviously a bit concerned about that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update,

I sent the first letter and received one back saying they had received my appeal and that I would hear back within 6 weeks.

Just had another letter saying that as they have photographic evidence and that the DVLA have confirmed my ownership of the vehicle that the charge still applies.

Having read the information of here the following statement in the letter is laughable... "The vehicle at the time that the PCN was rendered was being driven with your apparent authority, furthermore the driver had apparent authority to enter into the contract with us on your behalf, the terms of which are clearly laid out at the relevant site."

Next letter on it's way today to I'll be sure to update in due course

Spanner

why bother writing - they have already shot themselves in the foot big time.

of course if you are just doing to waste their time and to get them to bury themselves even deeper in the mire then thats different.

Surely I have to write back don't I? Would I not be accepting liability by ignoring it.

I think I'd rather just send another standard letter without drawing their attention to their accusation unless anyone here can suggest what the best course of action would be?

Spanner

how does ignoring a letter accept liability in any way ? It does not.

e.g every poster on this board who reads this and does not post a reply owes me 60 quid. Send payment with 7 days or I will increase the costs to 90 pounds and pass the matter to my debt recovery department. Not paying may affect your credit rating and may result in bailiffs taking action against you.

now how many do you think are going to pay me...

Read the stickies.

"The vehicle at the time that the PCN was rendered was being driven with your apparent authority, furthermore the driver had apparent authority to enter into the contract with us on your behalf,

Lamma is right, you do not have to write disagreeing with the above for it to be nonsense, it stays nonsense whatever you write or don't write.

As you say - laughable.

OK I may have made myself look stupid. Would I just reply then if they choose to refer this to a collection agency then but otherwise leave them to do the chasing?

Fifi - from reading the info on here it is not the offence that you are disputing but the whole concept of charging (in this case £100) for failing to show a ticket worth approx £2. They are attempting to charge damages which in no way accounts for such a charge.

This is the first time I have attempted this and still not sure how successful it will be but by the looks of it there is a good chance as all of the predicted responses and actions have actually happened.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who has decided to fight against such charges...

Spanner

No, you have not made yourself look stupid. There is a genuine debate here, not as to the legality of these BS tickets, most are agreed that they are tosh, but the tactics to adopt.

BtB has produced an excellent set of template letters. He advocates using the templates. Others make an equally valid point, the PPCs ignore what you write anyway, taking you writing as a sign of weakness that you are open to caving in eventually so will actually get more stupid letters from them, not less.

So it is horses for courses. If you just want the issue to go away then just ignore. If on the other hand you want to do some complaining of your own then use the templates. You can use the bundled correspondence as evidence in complaining to Trading Standards, OFT, Motoring Organisation [if member] DVLA & Uncle Tom Cobbly and all

by the looks of it there is a good chance as all of the predicted responses and actions have actually happened.

If you told us who the PPC is we could be even more accurate in our predictions, they are all so boringly predictable, using similar standard letters and tame debt collectors. Chances are we could fish out the next response before you even receive it.

Edited by Barnsley Boy
typo

lamma, I have just got in from work and read your earlier post. As I have now missed today's post, do I still qualify for the reduced charge of £60 or do I now need to send £90 straight away?

:)

you must have read it at least twice so you account is now active.

hear that knock on the door ? its my boys asking for money. what will you say to them ?

IGNORING THIS POST WILL NOT WORK

• 5 months later...
I'm getting more and more worried. They have sent a final red letter reminder and their bill keeps getting higher and higher. They're not letting this go. What shall I do????

Don't panic. For final reminder read - they are getting more desperate.

They are just trying to intimidate you into paying.

In the extremely unlikely event that this goes to court and you were to lose one of the first things that the judge would strip out of the claim is an extras that the company have added.

But this is highly unlikely to happen

Carry on ignoring them and they will go away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how does ignoring a letter accept liability in any way ? It does not.

e.g every poster on this board who reads this and does not post a reply owes me 60 quid. Send payment with 7 days or I will increase the costs to 90 pounds and pass the matter to my debt recovery department. Not paying may affect your credit rating and may result in bailiffs taking action against you.

Still waiting for my Court Summons...:p

• dx100uk changed the title to MET Windscreen PCN with Incorrect Time