• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

eBay invites the scam artists in!!

sn00psmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can't say that it 'didn't' favour the seller at all Lisa. The remarks about some sellers holding the buyer to ransom for a positive if very true and if all the reports and complaints I have read are to be believed, it happened a lot.

That means the buye had to give the seller a green dot even if the service or goods were very poor, you can't say that was fair in any way.

When you click on buy it now or are the winning bidder and then make an instant payment by Paypal, that should warrant a green for the buyer no matter what else happens.

• Haha 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I understand there were bad sellers out there out to make a quick buck or two and I'm making no excuses for them, BUT, the buyers didn't have their right taken away from them about giving the seller a bad or neutral feedback when necessary which is what has happened to the sellers now. This is why so many sellers are pretty well angry at eBay's unjust rule!

well number 73!

I'm afraid your comment is just pretty well biased towards the buyers, I am a buyer and seller on there and I really hate it now.

The other way didn't favour the seller at all, it was fair both ways. The way it is now gives the sellers no power at all and we have our hands tied. The bad buyers are coming out in their droves now and they know they can get away with LOADS. It is not a fair place to trade anymore and if it continues there won't be an eBay because all the sellers would have gone!:roll:

i`d agree with you but thats because i`m a buyer on the net but i am a seller in the real world for want of a better phrase.

i cant hold my customers to ransom imagine it "i wont give you this item unless you go and tell all your mates i`m the best seller in the world" and take into account i`d be doing this after they had already paid.

i sell the item to them,they pay and off they go,free to tell anyone that i`m the best or worst seller in the world.

now whats the difference in that and the new ebay policy?

i think that ebay sellers have been shielded from the real world of being a seller and now their shield has gone they are feeling vulnerable.its hard work isn`t it ? and belive me if you choose to go elsewhere nobody will notice because there is a million other people willing to take your place,as long as people have money to spend there will be people to sell them stuff

welcome to the real world

S.C

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D

hope i dont have to agree with the masses to get above a basic account holder

:grin:

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

i`d agree with you but thats because i`m a buyer on the net but i am a seller in the real world for want of a better phrase.

i cant hold my customers to ransom imagine it "i wont give you this item unless you go and tell all your mates i`m the best seller in the world" and take into account i`d be doing this after they had already paid.

i sell the item to them,they pay and off they go,free to tell anyone that i`m the best or worst seller in the world.

now whats the difference in that and the new ebay policy?

i think that ebay sellers have been shielded from the real world of being a seller and now their shield has gone they are feeling vulnerable.its hard work isn`t it ? and belive me if you choose to go elsewhere nobody will notice because there is a million other people willing to take your place,as long as people have money to spend there will be people to sell them stuff

welcome to the real world

S.C

I've worked in shops before and it's nothing like eBay!

The point sellers are trying to get across is that sellers aren't being treated fairly. Their right has been taken away.. surely this can't be good eBay practice at all!

I am already in the real world but thanks anyway ;)

When you click on buy it now or are the winning bidder and then make an instant payment by Paypal, that should warrant a green for the buyer no matter what else happens.

I do not agree.

if a buyer pays up, and then acts reasonably....

A buyer might pay up, get the item, then say they didnt get the item, (which often happens) get a chargeback...

How are they a good buyer?????

they are not, and should rightfully get negative feedback.

as for living in the real world...

in the real world people get burgled, ripped off, starve to death, get bank charges. just because its crap in the real world, doesnt mean that ebay have to give us a dose of real world too. OK, you might sell something in a carboot sale, the buyer might slag you off, but its not written down for the whole world to read!!!

Edited by HSBCrusher

Well said Crusher. You beat me to it.

A good buyer is one who bids, pays, then does their untmost to resolve any problems after that without just jumping on the negative feedback button. If a seller resolves the problem they should then be entitled to a positive feeback.

A good buyer is one who bids, pays, then does their untmost to resolve any problems after that without just jumping on the negative feedback button. If a seller resolves the problem they should then be entitled to a positive feeback.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sellers are not being respected now and eBay obviously doesn't respect us, they just see their £'s rolling in from our fee's.

That's just spamming !!! :p:p:grin:

i`m a vegetarian dont do spam :)

I do not agree.

if a buyer pays up, and then acts reasonably....

A buyer might pay up, get the item, then say they didnt get the item, (which often happens) get a chargeback...

How are they a good buyer?????

they are not, and should rightfully get negative feedback.

as for living in the real world...

in the real world people get burgled, ripped off, starve to death, get bank charges. just because its crap in the real world, doesnt mean that ebay have to give us a dose of real world too. OK, you might sell something in a carboot sale, the buyer might slag you off, but its not written down for the whole world to read!!!

Only if it can be proved that the item was in fact delivered.

I would agree with that.

entitled being the operative word, ie give you the right to feedback not the right to hold your customer to ransom untill they have fulfilled all your requirements in a way that pleases you and if not you`ll punish them with a neg even tho they have done their bit properly. thats blackmail by anyone`s standards

and forgive me but thats c**p a buyer buys end of story once he`s paid his/her job is done its not there brief to also stroke the ego of the seller or solve their problems.

any problems with postage packing etc are the sellers because they choose to sell in that way

Dont like it ? Get a shop,no problems with postage there

You have had it easy now its not,tough live with it or stop selling.

now all you sellers get together and agree with each other and pat each others backs and tell each other how unreasonable i am but think on this rule that has haunted sellers since selling has been done The customer is always right

S.C

but in the real world, take away all the rose tinted glasses and infact the customer isn't always right SC. This is customers saying this !!!

Why can't eBayers just be HONEST!!!! that would solve all problems!:rolleyes:

but in the real world, take away all the rose tinted glasses and infact the customer isn't always right SC. This is customers saying this !!!

Why can't eBayers just be HONEST!!!! that would solve all problems!:rolleyes:

i realise that the customer isn`t always right but its something sellers have had to live with long before ebay

when a buyer buys and pays thats it as far as i can see. anything else ie delays or packing is not their problem but they should have some tolerance for the problems of the seller and do as much as they possibly can to resolve any disputes before resorting to neg feedback but should not be forced into this by blackmail

I think the problem could be solved by ebay being more flexible on feedback appeals.if you get a neg and its not warranted there should be some kind of appeal process to air your views and if need be get the neg removed completely

And to that i`d add why cant people just be honest on ebay and off

S.C

I think the problem could be solved by ebay being more flexible on feedback appeals.if you get a neg and its not warranted there should be some kind of appeal process to air your views and if need be get the neg removed completely
indeed.

if there is proof of delivery, the seller has posted promptly and done everything right, then the buyer has no right to leave bad feedback just as much as a good buyer shouldnt be left bad feedback.

Ebay is supposed to be a "commumity", surely this community is made up out of buyers and sellers? Therefore all should have the equal right to have honest feedback left and not get ripped off.

entitled being the operative word, ie give you the right to feedback not the right to hold your customer to ransom untill they have fulfilled all your requirements in a way that pleases you and if not you`ll punish them with a neg even tho they have done their bit properly. thats blackmail by anyone`s standards

and forgive me but thats c**p a buyer buys end of story once he`s paid his/her job is done its not there brief to also stroke the ego of the seller or solve their problems.

any problems with postage packing etc are the sellers because they choose to sell in that way

Dont like it ? Get a shop,no problems with postage there

You have had it easy now its not,tough live with it or stop selling.

now all you sellers get together and agree with each other and pat each others backs and tell each other how unreasonable i am but think on this rule that has haunted sellers since selling has been done The customer is always right

S.C

A buyers end of the story does not end once he has paid. What about the buyers who ask for a partial refund of postage once they receive the item and threaten to leave negative unless you oblige? Blackmail by anyone's standard also!!

It is the buyers responsibility to inform the seller of any problem that the seller is unaware of and if the seller responds to any genuine concerns about an item then positive feeback should be left all round. Nobody wants to be told how much of a great seller they are if they are not. If however you do everything in your power to ensure a smooth transaction then you do not deserve a negative or nuetral feeback without the right to reply.

There is no need for your sarcastic remarks about us sellers patting each other on the back. I both buy and sell on ebay and i feel the new FB system is completely wrong. I am trying to see it from both sides and make some valid and constructive points on the matter. I suggest you do the same and stop trying to deliberately cause friction.

The customer is not always right. I know this for a fact as I am a customer and have been known (very occasionally) to be wrong.:)

sometimes i wonder what ebay actually does exept sit there and cream off the profits after all the only thing needed is a web site and a load of automated mail to send off,i`m sure we could do that one ourselves.

how does consumerforumbay sound

integrity is a quality required for membership

S.C :roll:

A buyers end of the story does not end once he has paid. What about the buyers who ask for a partial refund of postage once they receive the item and threaten to leave negative unless you oblige? Blackmail by anyone's standard also!!

It is the buyers responsibility to inform the seller of any problem that the seller is unaware of and if the seller responds to any genuine concerns about an item then positive feeback should be left all round. Nobody wants to be told how much of a great seller they are if they are not. If however you do everything in your power to ensure a smooth transaction then you do not deserve a negative or nuetral feeback without the right to reply.

There is no need for your sarcastic remarks about us sellers patting each other on the back. I both buy and sell on ebay and i feel the new FB system is completely wrong. I am trying to see it from both sides and make some valid and constructive points on the matter. I suggest you do the same and stop trying to deliberately cause friction.

The customer is not always right. I know this for a fact as I am a customer and have been known (very occasionally) to be wrong.:)

in a debate its inevitable that you get opposing views how are you supposed to put an opposing view forward without causing friction

i realise that the saying "the customer is always right" is bizzar but its something traders have had to put up with since god knows when why should ebay sellers be any different ?

and check out the posts with the exeption of a few its all "i dont like this" then another seller booming in "well i dont like it either" its patting each other on the back metophorically and giving it we are so hard done by

now you`ve got an opposing view and you have the gall to accuse me of causing friction if you read a few more of my posts you will see that i also feel that the feedback system is wrong as much now as it was and that ebay should have a better appeals process to change or remove neg feedback if need be and besides that sarcasm is the highest form of intellect how could me a mere basic account holder posssibly be sarcastic

S.C

look people i`ve got to go to work i`d love to debate this more but i have got to go and deal with those customer things and if one complains about something i`ll have to say sorry and replace the item like it or not cos thats the way of the world and if i`ve caused offence i`m sorry but its called disagreeing with someone its not sarcasm its me using my right to free speech

bye

S.C

It is quite easy to oppose a view without deliberately trying to cause offense.

Traders have not had to put up with "the customer is always right" at all. If a trader is doing everything right then the playing field is level.

It is not a case of sellers sticking together at all. Both buyers and sellers are opposed to the new system.

And if sarcasm is the highest form of intellect then you must be very clever. :)

didn`t mean to cause offence.

maybe i have an abrasive attitude but the world would be a boring place if we where all the same.least i`m honest and i think the prob arises there if everyone was honest we would not be having this debate but sadly some people are not its a symptom of the world we live in.

i say it as i see it with no intention to offend so if i have i`m sorry but surely we are all a bit more informed on each others position`s because of it and please no debating on why the human race is so shallow i just haven`t got time for that one it would take forever but you can bet greed is a lot to do with it

have a nice day people

S.C

I used to sell regularly via eBay. Now I don't.

It is a stupid new rule - but it's their loss. I can sell elsewhere, and as a bonus I avoid PayPal charges too.

I also hardly buy anything through eBay anymore - because I haven't the PayPal money to spend.

It's their loss..........

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

eBay are too high and mighty now to see sense, what they say goes as they have monopolised the market. All sellers can do is to keep reminding them that the sellers dictate not eBay !!!!! If all sellers left then eBay would be stuffed! :D