style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed a lot a threads from people who are new and don't really know what they are doing. The same questions get asked over and over (What can I claim? What should I write in the letters? etc.)

This site has grown rapidly, they're are so many different forums now and while there is always the argument that people should search for things before asking questions the sheer volume of information presented about various issues might seem a little daunting to the new user.

The faqs and library are impressive and a lot a work has been gone into them. But is a forum really the best medium for getting this information across?

My idea was a factsheet, probably in a few formats; pdf, word etc that covers the most common reason people are here, bank and credit card charges. A background on the issue, what you can claim and the purpose of this site, followed by a step by step guide and what to do (templates etc) and what to expect from the bank. Follow that with an faq and hopefully the number of people having to type the same answers every day and getting understandably irratated with it lessen a bit.

There are some other advantages to this too. It can be distributed by email or printed for those who have no easy access to the internet which might help boost awareness by a little.

And then there's the inevitable downside. It could easily be ripped off by other sites or sold on ebay (although the protection in a pdf should prevent some from chopping out copyright notices etc.) Also someone would have to put in the time and effort to create it. Granted a lot of the material is already written down but it would still need additions and editing. I would be happy volunteer some time if needed/wanted.

Opinions?

I was thinking simular, but insted an interactive program.

such as. start here, then all known out comes(this would be like 40days up have not recived documents go here, 40 days up recived parts of docs go there, received, documents go next step, ect).

some sort of automated program. If you know what I mean!lol(just a thoght)

And then there's the inevitable downside. It could easily be ripped off by other sites or sold on ebay (although the protection in a pdf should prevent some from chopping out copyright notices etc.) Also someone would have to put in the time and effort to create it.

I think the biggest downside is that as soon as the information is printed or e-mailed, it is out of date. Whilst it is on here, it can be constantly reviewed and updated.

Also, people wouldn't get all the ongoing advice and support they receive from this forum.

However, we are always looking for ways to make the site easier to access and more user-friendly so let us know if you have any other suggestions.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.