Why you will never beat the DVLA

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I saw this story this morning and thought it would show what your up against when you decide to appeal to the DVLAs [non]better nature.

£15 million: What the DVLA has made selling your private details to car park spies and wheel clampers | the Daily Mail

Other operators on the DVLA's "approved" list include National Clamps, which admits to immobilising 10,000 vehicles a year, London parking enforcer VCS, which won the RAC's "Dick Turpin" award in 2005 for the "legalised mugging" of drivers, and Excel Parking Services, whose claim against a motorist over a £300 unpaid fine was thrown out of court in March after the judge said Excel's high charges were intended to "frighten or intimidate" – so were unlawful.

There is too much money involved and we know this governments love of the green stuff.

I wish the DVLA would let us have our details.... I need to use my old car for a while and it is on a SORN declaration. Have managed to get MOT and insurance but spent most of Friday trying to tax it as we seem to have misplaced the log book. Nightmare:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I love this bit

"However, it is vitally important to protect people's identity and that is why we introduced a whole package of measures to ensure information is released only when appropriate and is not misused."

I know this suggestion is a bit controversial, but if DVLA are legally allowed to SELL our PERSONAL information to these companies. And the law says we MUST supply the DVLA with our information and failure to do so could result in penalties.

Therefore if DVLA are allowed to SELL our information, which surely is protected by the DPA, would it not be right that the DVLA either gives an opt out or BUYS the personal information from us if it is making a profit out of our information?

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.