style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i took my son out of childcare due to him not being happy with the childminder there he was screaming from the minute i dropped him off until the minute i picked him up he was only 12 months at the time so couldn't tell me what was wrong however i made my own judgement and he has since settled with a new one fine and he loves her too bits. The issue i have is that as i took my son out and didn't give the child minder 4 weeks notice she has requested the money through court i made an offer of payment which was an affordable amount and then had a letter back saying that amount had been refused and i would have to pay a much bigger amount which i cant afford im a single mother so only have 1 wage coming in is this right?

The amount i owe her is 500.00 but as its gone throgh court is 535.00 i offered to pay 25 a month but the court and her decided that wasnt a reasonable offer and i should pay 175 a month which i havnt got.

Any advise much appreciated

thanks

Edited by loulou12345
forgot to put amounts in

Hi loluou

What did the contract you have with the child-minder actually say? if they said you need to give 4 weeks notice (and you didn't) then I am afraid you would be liable for it unless she has broken the contract in some way which is why you removed your child from her care.

When you said requested money through the court, do you mean a CCJ has been lodged against you? if you could give a few more details, we may be able to help you more.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

yes it was a 4 week contract and im aware i will have to pay the amount shes asking for but i cant afford the full amount all at once.

yes i have a ccj against me when i first got the form through i sent it back with my incomings and outgoings on it and made an offer of 25 pound a month the court have recently wrote to me saying that amount was refused and i will now have to pay 175 a month and i cant afford that much is there anything i can do ?

File form N245 with the court and ask for the judgement to be varied. You need to tell them how much you can afford to pay.

there is a fee for filing this, but if you are on certain benefits, you may be exempt.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Sorry, I'm a little confused - did you fill this in after the CCJ was granted?

If so, did she refuse and the court agree or did she simply refuse, in which case you can ask the court to look at it and make a decision at it's own discretion?