Data protection

katym609

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a CCA request to a DCA about a purchased debt is responded to 3 months later with all the statements from all accounts the original bank (not just the loan they are claiming for) .... have the original bank broken the data protection act?

...especially as the DCA are writing to a different address than that on the statements.

I know they still can't enforce as they haven't provided the credit agreement, but I feel the originating bank have acted incorrectly.

I personally dont see how they would of been in breach of The Data Protection Act. Even if the DCA are sending documents to a different address, did you provide them with the address?

If they have reason to believe or you have requested mail at a specific address then they are not in breach of the DPA. Obviously the letters are going to be addressed in your name and if anyine else were to open them and see the enclosed documents then that individual will be breaking the law not the DCD.

If in doubt seek advice from a legal professionall.

Hope my opinion has helped!

all the best.

Thanks.

I didn't provide this address... I've always used my old address with mail forwarding to get to me.

They sent the letter here claiming they had bought a debt from the original bank and so I wrote and asked them to prove it (and CCA)

They say they have only bought the 1 loan, but the bank have given them all statements from 2 loans, a credit card and a current account, which they have sent to me even though I didn't request any statements!

I'm not sure about data protection, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will answer your query but how strange them sending all that information when you requested a CCA! What on earth are they doing with your bank statements?! As for sending them to you, could be that they're dim or they're trying to baffle you. :?:

I'm not sure about data protection, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will answer your query but how strange them sending all that information when you requested a CCA! What on earth are they doing with your bank statements?! As for sending them to you, could be that they're dim or they're trying to baffle you. :?:

Just what I was thinking!

I can see where you are coming from re data protection

The bank had no business sharing your personal data (statements from all your other accounts) with the DCA.

Your complaint would be with the bank on this one. Ask for their complaints procedure and use it.

Grumpy