• Tweets

• Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
    • surprised you gave that frost article the light of day HB Long been the case that no further evidence of his wing-nutishness needed. Heck he even railed against the rubbish grate deal he largely created
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LLoyds TSB and old Secured business Loan/OD

SHELBELLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this site so please bear with me and any advice and help will be appreciated.

Unfortunately I have a failed business that went in to compulsory liquidation last May. I banked with LLoyds and basically was sold every extra going. I had to secure the business overdraft on my home and now owe Lloyds approx £38k.I also have an ongoing complaint with them as the business manager took 5 months to send my file to the debt recovery dept(although I informed her to do so months before) I could not come to an agreed arrangement at a branch level as she just wanted me to take out a new loan and I could not afford that, she would not freeze interest on the debt and the debt recovery dept have not been great either, although they agreed to me paying £300 per month for a year they would not stop the interest so I have written numerous letters(copies held) to the debt recovery dept and each time I respond to their correspondences it takes another 8 weeks to get a reply. So basically this debt started being a problem in June 2007, I still have not had my issues answered properly, I have requested a full and final settlemet figure and demanded that they cancel the interest on the period of 5 months. Still waiting to hear.

Basically as I gave a personal guarantee(idiot) is there any thing that I am able to do with regards to getting the interest stopped while the complaint is still ongoing and secondly are Llloyds likely to offer a reduced settlement figure if the loan is secured?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell, what a situation. LTSB are not the easiest bank to negotiate with - I know this from personal experience.

As the debt has now become personal they bl88dy well should freeze the interest.

I think that even though the debt is secured they could not do anything without the intervention of the court. I can't help wondering if getting the court involved might actually help your situation:confused:

I suppose they might accept a reduced settlement if you can show that there is not enough equity to cover it. After all it would cost them a lot to go through the court process. Presumably a fair amount of this debt is charges as well.

Sorry - random ramblings but hopefully my post will bring along other people with advice too.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi can anyone advise me on the following:~

I need to know if I can ask for a copy of a CCA on a secured loan that has a second charge on my home, they did send me a copy of my personal guarantee(it was a business debt) but I am unsure if I can go down this route. I have an ongoing complaint with the Bank (ltsb) as I feel that I was treated unfairly and the fact that the Manager took 5 months to send my account to the correct department is obscene. I am still waiting for a full reply to my complaint but meanwhile the interest is still accuring, I have also asked for a full and final settlement figure, I am not currently making any payments until their response is received. Are there any suitable letter templates that I can send to hurry them up so I am able to bring this situation to a conclusion?

On a personal level I have various debts that I have been paying through a DMP, some of the creditors are now applying interest again so the debt is rising instead of reducing, would it be worth me requesting the CCA on each account and see where I get (as I have been paying instalments for over a year)? One creditor has issued a CCJ against me and I am paying the instalment set by the court, I have just received a letter from them (the DCA almost a year after the CCJ) stating the following:

Judgement has now been obtained against you for repayment of £the full amount of debt.

The judgement has already been registered and IS NOW A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD. This will certainly affect your ability to obtain a mortgage(I have one up to date) credit card, loan or other credit facility.

IT MAY SIMILARY AFFECT OTHER MEMEBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD.

This entry can be REMOVED COMPLETELY IF FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED BY US WITHIN ONE MONTH OF THE JUDGEMENT ORDER(bit late aren't they)Otherwise the judgement will remain on record for SIX YEARS.

You can avoid the potential problems arising from the Judgement registration if you ensure that payment of the full amount reaches us before the time limit expires.

If you do not wish to take this course of action you must of course ensure that you make payment in accordance with the terms of the Judgement.

Yours faithfully

LITIGATION DEPARTMENT

Direct Legal Collections

I have typed as the letter has been typed!!

Is it me or is this very late in arriving and very contradictary? I want to send them a snotty letter back, any suggestions???

Yours hopefully waiting a reply

Shelbelle

Sorry to be impatient but can anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Shelbellexx

Hi GL

Thanks for your post, I have reposted a similar thread and await the experts advice.

Am I doing something wrong as it seems that I have lots of views and no replies!!!

I have left my donation today, as I thought that may encourage some much needed advice.

Thanks again

Shelbelle

Hi

I am not having much joy with answers on my other threads, so thought I would ask a general question:~

Can you request a copy of a CCA for any type of credit be it Cards, O/D, Secured and Unsecured loans?

Any help much appreciated

Shelbelle

OK

I think you are confusing people buy posting a number of threads at the moment it seems that you have a lot of debt but have possession order or threat of possession order on your home, I sympathise with you We nearly lost our house many years ago as we personally gaurenteed a busines loan and the business whent down the pan. Im not good with debt some one else may be able to help you but to begine with I think send a S.A.R request all all the peole who you owe money to and allso ask for copies of all agreements that you have with them letters should be in the tenplate section when you see what comes back you can move forward

Bona

Thanks for your post, yes I probably have confused matters haven't I?

I haven't had a possesion order or threat, the business debt is on a 2nd charge. i

I realise I have to start somewhere so do you know if I send the s.a.r. at the same time as a c.c.a?

Bona

Thanks for your post, yes I probably have confused matters haven't I?

I haven't had a possesion order or threat, the business debt is on a 2nd charge. My question is can I send a s.a.r/c.c.a on a secured loan if I have given a personal guarantee?

I realise I have to start somewhere so do you know if I send the s.a.r. at the same time as a c.c.a?

Any help appreciated.

Shelbelle

I think your problem is pretty complicated, which is why people have looked and not posted anything. I am not entirely sure what to advise you either, it so much depends on the attitude of the bank and how much they are prepared to negotiate. If I post a reply now hopefully there will be more people around who might be able to help. If not post again and I will see what I can do.

BANK CHARGES

Others

One question. - how much was the 38k overdraft before they added charges and interest once things went wrong?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi GL

Thanks for taking some time to post to me.

I am not sure how much before charges as I have requested the amounts from the bank but am still waiting.

What I really wanted to know was can I take the cca route on a secured loan?

Thanks again

Shelbelle

Guest Old_andrew2018
Hi

I am not having much joy with answers on my other threads, so thought I would ask a general question:~

Can you request a copy of a CCA for any type of credit be it Cards, O/D, Secured and Unsecured loans?

The answer is yes to all execpt an overdraft, again if I am wrong I expect I'll be corrected

Any help much appreciated

Shelbelle

Most of what I have read would suggest if you want information on charges regqrding an overdraft you would need an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Regards

andy

Old Andrew

Thanks for that much appreciated.

The problem is that the secured loan was originally part of an overdraft!!!

Confused.com I think!!

Shelbelle

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

So would I be correct in saying you took a secured loan to clear an overdraft,

so if that is the case you can request a copy of your agreemnet via a CCA request.

Regards

Andy

Hi, as far as I know the CCA applies to secured loans under 25k only. So in your case probably not:mad:

But don't give up just yet.

You could send a SAR which you need to send a £10 cheque with. This is your right to all information they have about you under the Data Protection Act and it will make them put all their cards on the table. It might give you a chink in their armour.;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi everyone

I need some help and assistance with the following:~

I will try to be brief!!

Basically had a business that went into liquidation, had overdraft and business loan secured on property, still owe the bank in excess of £30k.

Instructed Business Manager to send my account to recovery department in June 2006 as she just wanted to sell me another loan!!!. She took 5 months to do this(I continually chased) so it reached recovery in November 2007. Liased with them still got an ongoing complaint where they fail to provide proper answers/requests.

I wrote to them last on the 07/05/08 stating once again that I want answers together with my balance and I also sent a S.A.R. under the 1974 Act. Received their "FINAL RESPONSE" yesterday stating the following:~

1)As the company is in liquidation, they understand that I no longer have the capacity to bring a complaint on the company's behalf and that the liquidators would have to pursue!!!

My Question

Why have they been liasing with me on a personal level since last year? The debt is now personal due to me giving the "personal guarantee". Are they within their rights to quote this, where do I stand with this.

2) They say they have addressed my concerns and have nothing more to add.

My Question

They have not answered most of my questions and ignored many points that I have raised.

3) They have not provided account information that I have requested. I sent them the S.A.R. D.P ACT 1974, they quote D.P ACT 1998 and that the act does not cover private limited companies. I had asked for an in full & final settlement figure, total of accrued interest together with charges on the account and they will not provide anything.

My Question

How the hell do I know what the account balance is if they fail to provide it and the S.A.R I sent, they have said they will provide me with personal info and not the business account info. Are they correct in saying that the S.A.R does not apply to limited companies and if so is there an alternative so I can get the full history on the account?

It seems very strange that they do not mention the repayment of the debt at all, this makes me think what they are quoting is total rubbish.

I am seriously considering taking them to court but I do not know on what grounds apart from them being totally unreasonable and ignorant.

In short (I am very confused now) is this debt personal or business??

I have filed all correspondence to the Financial Ombudsman this week and await their response.

I would appreciate any comments or advice

Thanks

S.B

Sorry anyone out there with any advice???

Please HELP!!!!

ELL-ENN

I have sent you a PM if you are able to help me

Thanks

Hi Shelbelle - this is outside my area of expertise but I will try and attract the attention of someone who might be able to advise you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Edited by Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi shelbelle

I can't answer all your questions 'off the top of my head' but

1) they are right that, if the company is in liquidation, you cannot bring a compliant/claim on behalf of the company

2) they are right in that the DPA only applies to personal data

I also have a couple of questions-

1) you say the loan is secured on property, is that your house?

2) you say the Business Manager sold you another loan - presumably a pesonal loan? is it secured (on your house)? does it cover all the business debt? prsumably this has arisen because of your guarantee?

• Haha 1

Steven

Thanks for that.

My questions, why have thet responded to me from last year if the company was in liquidation at that time? Also surely because the debt is now down to me personally I have a right to complain over the way I have been treated.

Although the Data protection applies to personal details only, there must be some law or ruling that they have to supply me with the balance and a breakdown of charges etc. They haven't even told me what I owe them to date!!

The debt is secured on my home.

The Manager tried to sell me another loan but I refused and instructed her to send to recovery, so the debt is a cimbination of an overdraft and a business loan which I signed a personal guarantee for and is a 2nd charge on my home.

Hope this clarifies the points raised and thank you.

Shelbelle

As it is a personal loan (irrespective that it is covering a business debt) you certainly have the right to complain as a consumer and shuold make that clear to them.

There doesn't seem to be any law that requires them to send info relatin to a business account. However, you or your accountant should have all the statements up to the point where the comany went into liquidation and after that you were a pesonal customer.Therefore you should be able to put together the account history.

Steven

Ok I will make sure they are aware of that.

Unfortunately all the business paperwork had to be given to the Official Receiver, therefore I do not have any statements etc.

I can't believe that after several requests that they will not tell me the exact figure of what I owe it seems ludicrous or indeed are they worried that I will get to see all their extortinate charges?

Hopefully the Financial Ombudsman will sort them out!!!

Thanks

S.B.

Steven

Are you about???

S.B.

• 8 months later...

Hi all

I have a very long ongoing battle with Lloyds which I will post later,

I just wanted to check one thing:~

If there is a personal guarantee in place for a secured business debt is it worth sending a CCA?

I ask this question because when I SAR them ages ago they said that SAR was only applicable for me personally and not the business.

I really want to check what the state of play with this one is.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

S.B.